chapter thirty-four. inconclusive

"Hey. What if it's Matt?" Stiles proposed, the three of us sitting at a table in the library for detention. Matt was sitting with Jackson and Allison at the table across from us because Jackson had a restraining order against Scott and Stiles. "I mean, this whole thing comes back to the video, right?"

Scott looked at him in confusion, "Danny said that Matt was the one who found the two hours of footage missing."

Stiles' eyes widened, "Exactly! He's trying to throw suspicion off himself."

I chuckled, "I don't think Matt is that smart."

Scott looked at the short haired boy in thought, "So he makes Jackson kill Isaac's dad, one of Argent's hunters, and the mechanic working on your Jeep?"

"Yes!" Stiles exclaimed.

"Why?"

"Because - he's evil..."

"You just don't like him." I teased, causing Stiles to shake his head.

"The guy - bugs me. I don't know what it is. Just look at his face." We turned to look at Matt who was munching on a bag of potato chips, the boy offering one to Jackson. I did think he looked way too old to be in high school. He was also just a creep and I didn't like him either.

Scott sighed, "Any other theories?"

Out of nowhere, Jackson started to rush out of the room, causing Harris to stand up. "You okay?" Mr. Harris asked the boy.

Jackson winced as he held his head, "I have to go to the bathroom. I just need to get some water." He said before leaving.

Harris looked at all of us, "No one leaves their seats." He demanded before he followed after Jackson.

"I wouldn't be surprised if it was Harris. If anyone's evil, it's him." I commented, furrowing my brows when Stiles and Scott shot out of their seats. I sighed before I followed them over to the table where Erica sat.

"Stiles says you know how Jackson's parents died." Scott spoke to Erica.

The girl shrugged, "Maybe."

"Talk."

The blonde closed her laptop, setting her pencil down. "It was a car accident. My dad was the insurance investigator, and every time he sees Jackson drive by in his Porsche, he makes some comment about the huge settlement he'll be getting when he's 18."

Stiles squinted in disbelief, "So not only is Jackson rich now, but he's getting even richer at 18? There's something so deeply wrong with that."

"You know what? I could try to find the insurance report on my dad's inbox. He keeps everything." Erica said, opening her laptop to look.

"Scott McCall, please report to the principal's office." The intercom sounded, causing everyone to look at Scott.

"Good luck." I said before the boy ran off.

Erica had pulled up the report, pointing to it on her computer screen. I made my way over to the side her and Stiles were sitting on, the three of us looking at it. "Whoa, look the dates. "Passengers arrived at the hospital DOA. The estimated time of death - 9:26 P.M., June 14, 1995."" Erica read.

"Jackson's birthday is June 15th." Stiles informed.

"How does that make sense?" I wondered in confusion.

We turned to see Mr. Harris grabbing his briefcase, causing all of us to start gathering our things. The wicked man started to laugh. "Oh, no, I'm sorry. Uh, yes, I'm leaving. But none of you are. You may go when you're done with the re - shelving. Enjoy the rest of your evening." He said, patting the dusty old books before he left.

I sighed, pulling Stiles into one of the aisles."What does that mean? How was Jackson born hours after his mom died?" I asked, watching Jackson and Scott make their way back into the room. I waved Allison over to us, her and Scott approaching the two of us.

"It means he was born after his mom died - by c - section. They had to pull him out of her dead body." Stiles explained.

"So was it an accident or not?" Allison questioned.

"The word all over the report is "inconclusive.""

"Then his parents could have been murdered?" Scott asked, sorrow written on his face.

Stiles sighed, "If they were, then it falls in line with the kanima myth. You know? It seeks out and kills murderers."

"But for Jackson? Or the person controlling him?" I asked.

"Well, I would think the person controlling him."

"We have to talk to him. We have to tell him." Scott said, beginning to walk to another aisle. He stopped, causing me to furrow my brows as I followed after him. Matt was laying on the ground, knocked out, a slice on the back of his neck. It was like the entire room shook when something started jumping on top of the shelves. A light blew out, causing all of us to get down as the shards starting flying around the room.

My eyes widened as I saw Erica fall to the ground, "Erica!" I yelled, Stiles holding the girl as she started to shake violently.

"I think she's having a seizure!" Stiles said in worry, the girl holding onto his hand as he held her on her side.

The whole library was a mess. Books and papers were everywhere and Jackson was wreaking havoc on it. Half of his face was plastered with green scales, the boy's eyes orange and slitted, his teeth razor sharp. He had way more than fangs than Scott or any werewolf. Every tooth in his mouth was gray and razor sharp. I saw Scott charge at him but he pushed my brother extremely hard, causing him to knock over one of the book carts. Scott quickly got up before he hid into the same aisle as us, putting his body in front of Allison's. Jackson stopped at the chalkboard, starting to write with a hideous shriek.

It read:

sTay out of My Way or I'll Kill aLl of You

He really had to improve his handwriting.

Jackson then fled the scene, jumping out of one of the windows. He literally looked crazy.

"We need to get her to a hospital." I told them as they came over to me and Stiles.

"Derek - only to Derek." Erica choked out.

"Go." Allison prompted her boyfriend, Scott furrowing his brows.

"I'm staying here with you." He told her, the girl shaking her head as I tried to help Stiles steady Erica.

Allison shook her head, "They can't take her alone. Not like this. And Matt - I've got to call an ambulance for him, just go."

Scott his head rapidly, "This doesn't feel right."

"It's okay." She assured him.

"No, it's not - it's not right."

"It doesn't - it doesn't mean anything. Scott, go." She pleaded before my brother finally helped us lift the girl out of the library.

Erica looked up at the pale boy sleepily, "Stiles, you make a good Batman."