chapter twenty-nine. abomination

Last night, Stiles saw the green, big lizard at the mechanics garage when he was getting his Jeep fixed. Apparently, when Stiles went to look for Boyd at his house, Erica was there and she knocked him out with some random part from his car. The lizard ended up killing the mechanic who worked there right in front of Stiles. But Stiles couldn't do anything, because he was paralyzed. He said that he touched the door handle to the garage, and it was covered in this slimy crystal clear goo that paralyzed him from the neck down. Not only was that terrifying, but it was also insanely disgusting. He also claimed that he felt like it knew who he was, like it was someone we knew. It wasn't like being a werewolf, the thing was completely covered in scales and reptilian skin, you couldn't tell who it was at all.

"I'm so sorry about the other day. I'm trying." Stiles said to Scott, the three of us sitting on the steps at school. "We'll get through this. Uh, I know, because I love you." My brother smiled cheekily, causing me to chuckle. "I love you more than - oh, my God. I can't - You and Allison just have to find a better way to communicate." Stiles finally broke, returning back to his normal voice. He had been communicating for Allison and Scott because her parents were basically monitoring her and her cell phone 24/7.

"Come on, you guys are the only ones that we can trust. Is she coming to the game tonight?" Scott asked.

"Yes! Okay, message complete."

I chuckled as I sat on the step above the boys, "Now, tell us about your boss."

"He thinks that Allison's family keeps some kind of, uh, records of all the things that they've hunted. Like a book." Scott explained.

Stiles nodded, "He probably means a bestiary."

"What?" I asked as I scrunched up my face in disgust.

"A bestiary."

I looked at my brother in confusion who chuckled, shaking his head, "I think you mean bestiality."

Stiles wasn't amused. The boy's lips formed into a thin line, "Nope, pretty sure I don't. It's like an encyclopedia of mythical creatures."

Scott's face fell, "How am I the only one who doesn't know anything about this stuff?"

Stiles smiled, "Okay, you're my best friend, you're a creature of the night, it's kind of like a priority of mine."

"Do you think it would have what I am in there?" I wondered, my friend nodding in response.

Scott sighed, "Okay. If we can find it, and it can tell us what this thing is -"

"And who." I added.

"We need that book." The three of us said in unison, giving each other a strange look before we parted ways. I walked down the hallway, hoping to find Lydia before I had to go to my next class. I was approaching the guidance office when I saw her coming out Ms. Morrell's quarters, a confused smile on my face. She was wearing these pink leather gloves that I had never seen her wear before. It was also like 75 degrees outside.

"Hey," I greeted as I hugged my backpack, the girl looking at me in surprise. "You're seeing Ms. Morrell now?" Ms. Morrell was the guidance counselor. She was more like a therapist honestly. People usually went to her for psychological problems or to seek advice so I was surprised Lydia was willingly seeing her.

Lydia rolled her eyes, "Only so my parents don't take away my car keys."

I frowned, "Don't think of it like that. Maybe she'll really help you."

The strawberry blonde rose her eyebrows, "And what exactly do I need help with? Because it sounds like you're starting to think like everyone else here at this school."