chapter seventeen. alpha

I sat on my back on Stiles' bed, my body spread across it as he and Danny sat at his desk. Derek was also here because he came to brainstorm with Stiles about finding out who the Alpha was, to which Stiles said he had a plan. He was trying to persuade Danny into tracing the text that was sent the night we were in the school. Whoever sent that text was definitely the Alpha, so if we found out who sent the text, we would find the Alpha. I didn't have any part in this plan, I was just here because I didn't wanna be alone with my own thoughts. But of course, I couldn't stop thinking about my conversation with Lydia anyway. She just looked so confused. I couldn't get it out of my head.

She had tried to text me multiple times, just begging me to talk to her. But I didn't feel like talking.

"You want me to do what?" I heard Danny ask, causing me to look at the two boys in front of me.

"Trace a text." Stiles said hopefully.

"I came here to do lab work. That's what lab partners do."

"And we will, once you trace that text."

Danny crossed his arms, "And what makes you think I know how?"

Stiles smiled awkwardly, "I - I looked up your arrest report, so -"

Danny glanced over at me, "I - I was 13. They dropped the charges. No, we're doing lab work." Stiles let out a dissatisfied grunt before I chuckled, watching as he started to flip through his textbook. Danny glanced over in the corner where Derek was sat behind me pretending to read an encyclopedia. He looked hilarious. "Who's he again?" Danny said in a low voice.

"Um, my cousin - Miguel." Stiles lied, causing me to snort.

"Is that blood on his shirt?"

I glanced over at the man, noticing the red mark in the middle of his gray sweater. Stiles nodded, "Yeah. Yes. Well, he gets these horrible nosebleeds." Stiles turned his desk chair to face us. "Hey, Miguel. I thought I told you you could borrow one of my shirts."

Derek glared at him as he got up, tossing the encyclopedia on the bed before he made his way over to Stiles' dresser.

"So anyway, I mean, we both know you have the skills to trace that text, so we should probably -" Stiles continued to talk, not realizing that Danny wasn't paying attention to him, but to the shirtless Derek that was changing in the corner.

"Uh, Stiles?" Derek called. "This - no fit." He said, pretending to not speak English well.

"Then try something else on." Stiles said through gritted teeth. He then saw the look in Danny's eyes before he turned back to Derek, the man wearing an extremely fitted brown and blue striped shirt. I wanted to scream. That was definitely not his color.

"Hey, that one looks pretty good, huh? What do you think, Danny?" Stiles grinned, smacking Danny on the arm.

Danny swallowed nervously, "It's - it's not really his color." He said, causing Derek to change his shirt again. Danny looked like he was about to have an orgasm on the spot.

"You swing for a different team, but you still play ball, don't you, Danny boy?" Stiles commented, making me laugh.

"You're a horrible person." Danny mumbled.

"I know. It keeps me awake at night. Anyway, about that text."

"Stiles! None of these fit." Derek complained, turning back to us, still shirtless. I mean, to be honest, I got it. Derek was insanely ripped. He had a really nice physique. I was sure it came with being a werewolf since birth and all but still.