Chapter 4

JENNIE

I followed Lisa behind when I made sure that she started walking first.

Where is she going? To the cafeteria? School gym? Classroom?

She wandered everywhere but what exactly was she still doing here?

She turned around and there I got caught.

"Jennie?" She asked confused. "What are you doing here?"

"The same question goes to you. What are you doing?"

"I'm here, obviously trying to find my locker, so I can get my books."

"You look surprised." She added.

"I am. First of all you hate studying or doing homework. And secondly you would roll your eyes at me if I start questioning you."

She nodded. "I'll get going."

"Can I come with you?"

"That was a fast question but yeah, sure. You can tag along with me."

Then, I showed Lisa where the lockers were. Obviously she couldn't find it and didn't say anything about it. Typical Lisa as always.

We were going out of the building, making our way to the parking lot.

"Looks like someone is waiting for you." Lisa said in a different kind of way. We arrived at the parking lot just to see Rosé leaning against my car.

"Jennie!!" She shouted while waving her hand.

We walked towards her.

"Rosie?"

"Yep, I waited for you. I'll stay tonight at your apartment. It's okay for you, right?"

She was so sneaky and smart. I chuckled.

"Yeah, sure. You can stay the night."

She kissed me on my cheeks. "You're the best, Kim." She smiled.

I looked to my right. Lisa was standing there awkwardly.

"Lisa, you aren't going yet?"

"What are you still doing here?" Rosé asked too.

"I stayed to get my books from my locker. Nice to see you here, Rosé. I'll go now, you two. Enjoy the night together." She said and walked towards her car to drive away.

"Hey!" Rosé slapped my arm. "Why didn't you invite her too? You said that she is your best friend. Didn't you see how sad she looked?"

"Whatever, Ro. You know exactly that I'm going to my parent's house today for dinner. That's why you wanna come with me, right?"

"Okay okay. You knew it exactly. Why you agreed, then?"

"I need to save my baby Ro from her 'love sick girl' state." I teased her.

"You're annoying." She whined. "I just miss her a lot that's why I wanna come though." She added innocently.

I won't buy her innocence. Gay ass.

We stepped in the car and I said. "Out of people why you gotta fall in love with my elder sister?"

"You don't understand, Jen. She is so so gorgeous. She is kind, funny and talented. Okay? I love her more than anyone in this world-"

"I feel betrayed." I said suddenly.

"Jennie Unnie, I- you know I love you too, right?"

"God, Park Chaeyoung! I was just joking. I'm glad there is someone like you who loves my sister so sincerely."

"I really love her more than anyone. She just melts my heart. Her voice. Her smile. Everything about her."

I was driving when I took a quick glance at her. She was looking at me with teary eyes.

"What happened?" I panicked.

"Unnie, my heart aches. Why can't I have her? Why does she keep saying that I'm her younger sister besides you? It hurts." She cried. And this is typical Rosé.

"Chaeyoung, you need to be patient. Look at me. I still cannot get over the girl whom I love since elementary school."

"You just realised that you love her like 8 months ago. Don't lose hope." She cried more at my words.

"I'm not being dramatic. She really sees me as her little sister. Gosh, fuck my life."

"Calm down, Rosé. You don't want her to see you with red, panda eyes tonight, do you?" She quickly wiped her tears away.

"You're right. I shouldn't lose hope at all. I'll tell her how I feel as soon as I have the guts." She stumbled back to her sit, taking deep breaths.

"Good to know."

"We will talk tonight about your 'crush' too. Seems like she came back."

I thought she would forget it.

"There is no escape from you. Let's talk later about it, then."