Chapter 6

LISA

We were inside Jennie's condo and the only thing she did was staring at me. So annoying honestly.

"What?"

"Why did you come? I don't have your notebook, Lisa."

Guess she stopped calling me by my nickname too which is given by her.

"Seriously, Jennie? Will we be like this from now on? You're acting like I'm a stranger to you. What is going on?" I asked in disbelief. I'm so confused.

"It's not a serious matter and also I'm always like this towards you."

"No, Ruby. You aren't like that. I'm pointing it out as your best friend."

"Yeah, best friends forever after all, right, Lali?" I nodded at her unsure.

"Why are you saying this now?" She shrugged at me.

"So what now?"

"Can I stay over the night?" I asked suddenly. I caught her by surprise. Honestly I'm more surprised than her. Why did I ask her this?

"Oh yeah, sure." She agreed.

"I'll bring you some clothes. Make yourself comfortable." I nodded at her and she left to go to her room.

I noticed a lot things. Almost everything in the condo changed. They were hanging our pictures together for example but they're gone. It was lively and colourful before. Now it's very modern with black and white. And also she wears skirts.

"Lali, you can just go to my room and take out whatever you want. I'm not sure which kind of clothes you would feel comfortable in." She said while scratching her nape. I got up and made my way to her room.

I entered her room and no sign of her old one. Everything changed. She hasn't the drawing I've drawn for her in her room anymore. Mhm, that's great for you, Ruby.

I walked towards her closet and opened it. I took shorts & a crop top and closed it again.

As I was wearing the clothes in the room Jennie stepped in.

"Oh! Sorry, Lisa." She closed the door immediately.

When I opened the door she was sitting on her couch. I sat down beside her.

"You didn't have to say sorry. As if you didn't see my body before."

She sighed and nodded.

"Are you hungry?"

"No. But did you have fun with that blonde?"

"Who? Blonde?"

I rolled my eyes. I was just holding myself back not to jump on her.

"I mean Rosé."

"Yes, I had fun with her." My eyes widened.

"You mean..."

"No, Lisa. We hadn't sexy time like you think. We were just spending time together." The sudden relief I had at this moment.

"If you're jealous, then don't make it at least so obvious." She added. I stared at her.

"I am not jealous."

"Yeah, and that's why you came here."

"Okay, fine. Yeah, I don't like seeing you around other people. Friends can get jealous too." She nodded and didn't say anything further.

After a long silence again, I asked. "You threw my drawing away?"

"Which drawing, Lisa?"

"I'm talking about the drawing I gave you before I left. There were two woman kissing each other while-"

"While being naked. Okay, I remembered it."

"Yeah, that one drawing. You didn't like it? It was on your wall as far as I remember when we talked on the phone always."

"I don't know where it is, Lali." I scoffed at her.

"Okay, great. All right though."

"You aren't wearing your glasses anymore, do you?"

"No, I have contact lenses now."

"So no cute girl Ruby anymore?"

"She is dead." I glared at her and slapped her arm.

"Why did you say like that?"

"Because I really killed the old Ruby. She is gone and won't be present ever again."

"Don't give me those puppy eyes." She added. "I am serious about what I'm saying."

"Next question it is, then. Since when do you like to wear skirts?" I raised my left eyebrow at her.

"I love wearing skirts since I don't know. I was just to insecure that time to wear it."

"You were insecure about yourself before? Why is that?"

Ruby was and is still perfect. I don't get her.

"Honestly I'm still insecure. Don't you think that I should go on a diet?"

"Nonsense. No and no. You can choose yourself between no and no." She laughed after a long time because of me. Finally I get to make her laugh.

"I miss you so much, Jennie. You can't even imagine how much I cried whenever I was missing you." I hugged her tightly while she stayed still. She hummed.

"Lali, I can't breath."

"But I still wanna hug you."

"Okay."

Afterwards I talked as always nonstop while she listened to me. Later on, I realized that she was laid back on the couch, sleeping peacefully. Before I laid down beside her I got a blanket for us to cover up. I don't know anymore but the only thing I know is that I miss her so much. I won't be able to share her properly with anyone. She should only be mine. My best friend forever.