Chapter 16

THIRD PERSON

"Y-You saw that one guy there, right? He was fucking staring at you!"

"Li, why did you drink so much?" Jennie complained as she found it hard to bring Lisa inside her condo since the blonde was walking here and there.

Lisa stumbled back to the front door, leaning her back at it and pointing her finger at Jennie. "But let's forget about the guy. You liked the attention, didn't you?" Lisa laughed in a drunk way and the brunette stared at her confused. "I don't understand, Ruby. How? When? And why?"

"Lisa, let's just go inside first."

When Jennie was about to walk forwards to her, Lisa signed her not to. "No, no, no! Don't touch me, Jennie. I seriously don't get you anymore."

"Lali, get up, please." Jennie said concerned as she made Lisa stand up.

"Let's go inside first. Then, you can say what you want."

"Promise? You'll listen?"

"I will, Lali and now let's step inside."

Once they were inside, Jennie guided Lisa to her room.

The blonde laid herself down with Jennie beside her, standing on her feet.

"Let me take off your jacket and shoes, then you can sleep." Jennie did as she said.

"Can you not stay with me?" Lisa said in a sleepy voice.

"Me?" Jennie asked surprised.

Lisa sat up, looking at the brunette. "Yes, you. But I forgot about something. You shouldn't sleep beside me since you have your Minnie now."

Jennie frowned. "Seriously, Li? What is your problem with her? Why do you bring her up in everything? Did she do something to you or what?"

Lisa chuckled. "Can you sit? Like in front of me? I think it wouldn't be a problem this way."

When Jennie sat down, and she asked. "What now, Lisa? You're drunk. Just go to sleep."

"Can you tie my hair in a low ponytail?"

"Sure." Jennie replied confused as she tied Lisa's hair up and they faced each other again.

"I like your blonde hair."

"Mhm, I kinda like it too. But to be honest with you, I really miss my old hair color." Lisa said, being less drunk and at the meantime already a bit sober.

"Your black hair?" Jennie asked, tilting her head in confusion. "As far as I remember, you hated your hair back then and really wanted to dye it into blonde, so I guess your thoughts about it changed." Jennie said with a slight chuckle.

Lisa stayed silent and answered in a quiet tone. "It reminds me of the old Lisa which I really hate though."

"What do you mean by that?"

"I am a bad person, Ruby. I hate myself."

"You're not, Lali. Believe me. And it's okay if you hate yourself. Everything will be all right. Remember for example that Sehun loves you." Jennie said softly, holding the blonde's left hand.

"Sehun is gay, Jen." Lisa blurted out.

The brunette stared at her with a slight wide-opened mouth. "I... didn't know that." She said lowly.

"I found out when he told me like a few days ago."

"He still might love you though. I mean maybe as a friend. Or for example Jisoo. She loves and adores you a lot, you know." Jennie poked her cheeks teasingly.

Lisa shoved her hand away. "Hey, don't touch my face!"

"Fine." The Korean exclaimed jokingly.

After a long silence, Lisa talked. "What about you? Do you love me?"

Jennie's breath hitched at the question.

"Sorry, Jen. I know, you hate this question, so I am taking back the question."

"I miss my old, black hair but at the same time I hate it so so much and won't dye it ever again to black." She added.

"Why?"

"The answer is simple. I hate my black hair and myself because of the past. Because of the way I treated you that time."

Jennie smiled warmly at her. "Nothing happened back then. Stop thinking like that, alright?"

"For goodness sake, Jennie!" She bursted out into tears. "I-I treated you badly. You were my best friend. And you're still my best friend but we act like strangers! I hate it..."

Jennie hugged her comfort. "You're drunk, Lisa. Do not think about it. Everything is fine between us. Like you said, we are best friends and we don't like act like strangers." She hesitated. "Because you're a busy person and so am I, so we don't have much time for each other."

"I am not a busy person and so are you, Ruby. Just tell me how?" She sobbed.

"I just want make everything from the past good. I-I hate myself. Please, forgive me." The blonde hugged her tightly on the neck as Jennie tried to hold back her own tears.

"I told you already, Lali. The past is nothing. Let's just focus on our current state and time. Don't cry, it'll be fine for you soon, Lili. I am sure." The brunette assured as she whispered into her ear sweetly.

"I am very sorry, Jen..." She sobbed harder.

"It's fine, Lali. Don't apologize."

"I am sorry."

It went like that till the blonde fell asleep in Jennie's arms.