Chapter 18

THIRD PERSON

"Jennieee! I'm so happy. I just wanted to let you know that she is finally mine. I've been crying for hours. Make my heart stop beating so I can die already." She sobbed.

"Min, I'm so happy for you. Did you tell her the things between us?"

"Yes, she was very understanding about it."

"We should end this relationship then." Jennie chuckled.

"How could you? Do not leave me, my love." Minnie spoke at the other end of the call jokingly wherein Jennie only could laugh more.

"Nicha, I'm so proud of you. Finally you got what you wanted. I literally might be happier than you."

"Gosh, you mandu face, don't make me cry. I still can't believe it. After all these years, she is MINEEE!"

Jennie laughed. "She is yours. Make some moves to her."

"What exactly?"

"Dunno. You're literally calling the wrong person. Call Nayeon Unnie instead, she'll teach you the way how to treat a girl in a very right way."

"LOVE YOU, MA BAE! NOW I NEED TO HANG UP AND CALL NAYEON UNNIE IMMEDIATELY!!" She yelled without knowing in excitement and the call was ended.

"God, this girl." Jennie said in disbelief with a big smile on her face, being happy for her friend.

Someone cleared her throat at her back.

"You two broke up?" Jennie flinched at the sudden voice behind her, she turned around.

"Aw Li, take a sit. Maybe I should tell you."

"Yeah, I'm listening, what is it?"

"Minnie and I never dated. She is a very close friend and asked me for help. Her and Miyeon are finally dating officially."

Lisa looked at her confused. "You both never dated? The kisses? The almost making out in front of people's eyes? The hugging? The sweet words? The PDA? Everything was fake?"

Jennie hid her face in embarrassment and looked at blonde afterwards. "Yeah, Minnie needed to be in a fake relationship with someone to make Miyeon jealous or something like that. And I was available to help her out, so yeah. Nothing much."

"I've been going crazy all this time for what?" Lisa asked herself in disbelief.

"What do you mea-" Jennie wasn't able to finish her sentence when the blonde left her condo in a rush.

-

(A FEW MONTHS LATER)

"Jennie!"

Astonished, Jennie looked up from her book and squinted against the sun in the direction the voice had come from.  Lisa walked towards them and Jennie immediately started grinning.

"Hey." She greeted the blonde amused.

"Rosé and Jisoo want to go the club tonight. Are you coming with me? Please!" Lisa said, pleading. She blinked at Lisa in confusion.

"You know me, Lalalalalisa." She then sighed with a smile. "Would I say 'no' to something like that?" Jennie asked her.

Lisa smiled contentedly. "Thank you, Jennie Unnie. You're the best!" She let Jennie know with relief and then sat down next to her on the small park bench.

"I know." Jennie grinned triumphantly, smirking at Lisa.

Laughing, Lisa slapped her on the upper arm and then stared into the distance.