Old friend?

Amukelani's POV

I get home and receive a call from my dad. I don't feel like talking to him but since i appreciate living and making money i have  to answer him.

"Baba?" I say. "Uright?" he asks. (Are you good?)  "Ngiyaphila wena." (I'm good and you.) "Ngiright." (I'm good.) "Ngak'siza?" (How can i help you?) "You talking to me like that?" "Kanjani?" (How?) "Kanjalo. Unenkani (like that. You are stubborn.) " "Like father like daughter." "Mtana you are not too old to get beaten up." (Child..) "And i am old enough to run away." "Mxm uyahlupa wena." (You are problematic.) "Fuze wena." (I'm just like you.)

"Why are you calling?" I ask. "I wanted to ask if you have decided." he answers. "On what?" "I didn't raise a stupid." "I know one that you raised." "Ng'zokushaya." (I'll hit you.) "I don't know baba if we should do this." "Mtanami its for the best." (My child..)  "Every war we go to is for the best what's different about this one." "Just trust me.""

"Even if i disagree we will go ahead. There is no point in asking." I say "This is different phela we are dealing with dangerous people unlike the other times thats why i am asking for your permission." he says. "Its fine lets just do it and get it over and done with." "Ngempela?" (Really.) "Yebo baba." (Yes dad.) "Okay then. Ngiyabonga princess."  (Thank you..) "Asanda is your princess I'm your daughter." "Mxm. Bye." "Bye baba." I drop the phone.

I sigh and go straight to my bedroom. I take of my clothes and wear my night dress. I go downstairs and order takeaways. I honestly need to buy me some groceries. I sit on the couch and watch my favourite channel, investigation discovery.

There is a knock on the door and i take my food and pay for it. I go back and start eating. My phone rings and its a call from Kuhlekonke. Whats up with people calling me?

"Hey." I greet. "Uright? You sound down." he says.(Are you okay?) "I am talking to you now so I'm more than fine." he chuckles. "Anyways. Can you please go to court tomorrow?" "May you please buy me some groceries?" "Why?" "If i go to court i will have to stay late at work and i need to buy groceries i can't keep eating takeaways." "Its fine I'll go." "No I'm joking I'll go." "Okay thanks."

"I'll go if you help me with the files when I get nack from court." I say. "No problemo." "Okay then." "Bye." "Bye." He drops the phone. After eating i throw the box away and switch off the lights and sleep.

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

I wake up and do my morning routine and decide to wear nude pants and a blue blazer with nude heels. I put on light make up and tie my hair into a high bun and lay my edges. I take my stuff and head to the car. I call my PA, Jessica.

"Morning." she greets. "Hello meet me at the High Court at 9 we have a bail hearing and please bring Manqoba Vilakazi's file on my desk when you come." I say. "Okay I'll be there. Make sure you eat. Wouldn't want to deal with your grumpy side." "Okay thanks." I drop the phone. I get a call from an unknown number and i answer it.