Busted?

Amukelani's POV

"Ufunani lapho?" he asks. (What are you doing there?) Guys if i don't make it please know that...okay let me not make a speech and try to get myself out of this shit i put myself in. I take a deep breath in and put on my best acting skills...you have been doing that for a while so it shouldn't be that difficult...yes thanks for reminding me subconscious.

"I asked you a question Amukelani. Ufunani lapho?" he repeats. (What are you doing there?) "I was looking for my work file." I answer after what feels like an eternity of waiting. I wasn't necessarily lying about this cause it did get lost but I know it's somewhere in my office at home. The way I'm so nervous I won't bother turning around to face him.

"What file is that?" he asks. "It's a file for one of my client's." I answer. "When was the last time you saw it?" "That time when I was visiting." "Did you go to my office and worked during that time?" "Yes but it was only for a few hours."

"Jika ungbeke." he says. (Turn around and look at me.) Just when i thought i could continue lying without looking at him and now I'm forced to look at him. I slowly turn around and look at him and he looks pissed. You know when they say that the eyes turn a darker shade than usual, yeah that's what I'm seeing right now. "Was I wrong for entering your office?" Not me trying to play dumb when I know it was wrong.

"Kakhulu futhi." he responds. (A lot.) I sigh. "I'm sorry for going in there without your permission I was just looking for my file I thought i had left it here when i was still visiting." I say. He gives me that look like he isn't buying my story. Let me be a bit dramatic so it can be more convincing.

"And why are you giving me that look?" I ask. "What look?" he asks. "That look that you don't buy my explanation." "Why didn't you ask me when you came here?" "It slipped my mind and when you fell asleep I remembered that i lost my file somewhere so I decided to look for it."

"Are you sure that you lost your file?" he asks. "Hawu Sthembiso I'm telling you the truth my file is missing! Why would I lie about such a thing?!" I shout. "Manje ungithethiselani?" (Why are you shouting?) "Ngiyaxolisa." (I'm sorry.) Did you just apologise?...oh shut up I have bigger issues to deal with then the fact that i just apologized.

"I haven't seen your file in my office." he says. "Yeah I also couldn't find it so I guess its not here. I will check my office again and make sure i didn't misplace it there." I say. "Next time don't enter my office without my permission." "Noted and again I'm really sorry for shouting at you and entering your office without your permission." He nods.

He moves closer and I try to move a step back but i bump my head against the wall. I don't why the heck I did that cause it seems like he bought my story. But it's actually true though I didn't lie its just that i know it's not in his house. I massage the spot where I hurt myself and he wraps his hand around my throat.

I don't know if his trying to hurt me or anything or its just a 'gentle' touch or there is more to it. What is gentle about this touch?...the fact that his not gripping my neck tight and he just wrapped his hand around it. "I hope you weren't doing anything funny in that office." he says.