Chapter 11

Caspian had to prepare for the upcoming banquet for Princess Nadia, she was a known beauty so that would not be a problem on his part.

He had to take lessons daily on how to host her and his parents wanted him to make an impression on her. They would not be attending the banquet this time.

Weeks went by as he attended his daily classes and how to host a banquet for the first time, he had to show that he had authority and leadership.

His father often said he should have enough authority that everyone wanted to impress him. The day of the banquet came and he spent the whole day in baths and being scrubbed.

He put on his attire and his hair was brushed, when he walked out he could see that all the women were fawning over him and the man in awe.

"If I were also a woman I would be falling at your feet." Douglas joked and Caspian pushed his best friend.

He waited as Princess Nadia was brought in as they needed to go in together to the banquet, Caspian saw her maids and she emerged in between them.

Nadia was standing in front of him and he could see why she was a well-known beauty, he couldn't have expected much less from her.

Dark hair that was complimented by blue eyes. He was infatuated with her immediately and the way she curtsied in front of him but her eyes never left him, he knew that the feeling was mutual.

"A pleasure to meet you, Sire." And the voice was of an angel, she was pure perfection.

Caspian took her hand and placed a kiss on it, "The pleasure is all mine, my lady."

They walked side by side to the banquet and they were introduced. He could see that Nadia prided herself on being with him.

She was definitely fit to be queen, they sat down and it all began. The music and their glasses were filled with drinks and platters of food were served.

Nadia leaned in, "What is your impression?"

Caspian looked at her lips boldly and she did not shy away, "I am infatuated with you."

"So am I. Tell me about how you pass time?" Nadia replied directly.

"Horse-riding, archery to say the least," Caspian replied.

"I will have to take you up on horse riding."

Caspian liked the way Nadia challenged him, he saw her only, and occasionally he would entertain his guests.

They would toast to them, he was listening to the others half-heartedly and the tricks they wanted to perform for him.

Everything was going to be well, they wanted to impress him and wanted his attention. He had Nadia the perfect queen with her beauty.

They drank and were replenished the whole night,

Caspian was bought out of his trance with Nadia for the first time tonight when he saw Aurora's hair cascading down her back and strands were blowing in all directions.

Her hair was framing her small face, it was a wild red color, and her eyes which had always had such a deep mystery looked like emeralds that drew you in.

He could see the fear in her eyes as the dagger had missed her slightly, and then her face filled with a slight blush, she was feeling embarrassed.

This tradition was well known in the palace to impress him or his father the king. He hadn't even realized that she was the one who was serving them up until now.

He picked up her hair tie, and he could see that she was a bit numb. The clapping and shouting started,

He saw that she clasped her hands together as she tried to stop the trembling,