Chapter 46

Caspian woke up the next morning with Nadia still in his arms and he hoped this would appease his parents.

The physician came in and checked up on Nadia as he watched,

"Your health is in perfect condition, My Lady."

"Thank you," Caspian replied.

The physician made his way out the door, and he saw one of the maids run up to the physician,

"We need you urgently, Aurora is not waking up."

When Caspian heard this he got up and went to the door. The maid bowed her head,

"What is it with Aurora? Tell me now!"

"She is sick My Lord and we tried everything."

Caspian didn't let her say more as he made his way to her chambers, his heart pounded fast. He should have been there for her.

He burst into her chambers and he saw her, pale and she looked as if she was barely breathing, he rushed to her side, the physician hurriedly came to her and he watched as he took her pulse.

When he was done, the physician turned to him, "She should be fine in a couple of days."

Caspian nodded as he left, he turned to the maid who was anxiously standing by the door with her head bowed,

"How did this happen?"

The maid stiffened, "We found My Lady passed out outside, she was sitting out there for a while and when we found her she was ice cold and not moving."

"What bought this about?"

"She had started to act strange when she learned that you would be gracing the princess for the night."

"You may close the door."

"Yes, My Lord."

The door was closed and Caspian put his head down, he knew that she would be hurt by it but he had wanted to explain it to her.

His heart hurt at the thought that she was alone and hurt to the point that she didn't take cover when it got too cold.

This was not what he wanted when she came back, he started to feel anxious when he thought about the last time something like this had happened she left him.

He could not bear it again, he could not let her go, and he did not care what his parents wanted from him, Aurora came first to him.

He took her hand in his, and it felt very cold, "I promise you Aurora, I will not let you out of my sight, I could kind of die to love you anyway, no one can save me now."

After a few hours he needed to go attend to some duties but he did not want to leave Aurora out of his sight.

He kissed her forehead and made his way to his chambers to change into his battle attire, if there was a war breakout he would need to be in the front with his men that was his duty as a prince but he hoped that would not happen.

He sat by the chair and started to assess the scrolls that had come in, trade and there was an invite from Nadia's father that he wanted them to come visit soon.

He groaned, this was not supposed to be happening now. He needed to be there for Aurora at the same time he needed to keep Nadia happy.

Night time came and he headed to Aurora's chambers, he closed her door. He climbed inside the bed and lay next to her. She felt cold still but he could tell there were some improvements to her condition.

He would not think of his parents now, he would deal with it later on. All that he had in his mind the whole day was her getting better.

How it would be lovely to have a getaway just like the two of them but if this reached his parents that he had left Nadia, he would be in for it unless there was a way for him to disguise the trip. Yet that would not work if he and Aurora were both gone.