Chapter 16

The next morning Aurora made her way into the kitchen and after she got her food, she made her way to her friends who were all looking at her weirdly.

"What happened last night?" Agnes asked.

"I went home early,"

"Seemed you really ate quite fast to avoid us," Evelyn added.

"I didn't okay."

"What is up with you Aurora?" Ida asked.

"Nothing, you all are making a big deal out of nothing."

"Something is up with you Aurora and we are not berating you, we want to know what is wrong?"

"There is nothing wrong I keep telling you, if I had a problem I would tell you all."

"Fine, let's all eat we can discuss all this later, we should argue in the morning," Ella added.

Aurora proceeded to eat, and she could feel all her friend's enquires that were not said. She ate and went to her chambers,

When she got there, she was not surprised when she found a girl flustered and putting on her gowns. Aurora looked away as the girl headed out of the room in a frenzy.

She entered and realized that Caspian was not in and probably had gone to breakfast, Aurora shook her head as to how ruffled the room was.

Just yesterday he was entertaining Nadia and this morning another was coming out of his room. She changed the sheets as per usual and cleared the whole room.

Aurora went out to the laundry room and dropped off the clothes, she went outside by her tree and sank down.

She wondered what she was doing? Everything was going array for her ever since she could not get Caspian out of her mind.

She shrugged and buried her head in her shoulders, this was a luxury for her that she could afford.

"What's eating at your mind?"

Aurora looked up and found Elliot standing above her and he sat down beside her,

"Do I look that bad?"

"Not bad but worried, huge difference Aurora."

Aurora nodded, "Fair point."

"Care to tell me about it? I could lend you a shoulder."

Aurora took a deep breath and wondered if she should tell him everything that was ailing her, it would be better for her to talk to someone none judgmental and that she did not know.

"Well serving you know who is a bit hard, it's all new to me and that's all you will get from me for now."

Elliot nodded, "I'm glad you felt comfortable enough to confide in me. Things won't stay like this forever, remember that."

Aurora nodded, and Elliot didn't say anymore it was nice just to have someone next to you and in silence.

Elliot eventually excused himself and she went to lunch, after getting her food she went to her friends.

They all looked at her quizzically and wondered if they were ever going to let this go? They did not have to know every detail of her life, just not now when she also was not so sure about herself.

"You are a bit quiet Aurora," Barbara remarked.

Aurora refrained from rolling her eyes, "I am just taking in the flavor of this food, I am starved."

"How is work?" Lucy asked.

"Everything is going as planned, can't complain."

"How is the prince?" Agnes asked.