Chapter 13

"I could never measure up to Princess Nadia My Lord."

Caspian did not know why he was annoyed by her response, "I am not speaking of Nadia currently but about you and I Aurora."

Her face was getting some color, but she did not respond. Caspian stood up from his bed and he saw that she had stiffened.

He came up to her and he tilted her head, she was stunning, but something about her eyes drew him in. What were they hiding?

"I don't know what I am looking for," Caspian said more to himself.

"If you need me to look for anything, I will gladly do so My Lord."

Caspian chuckled at her response to her answer this girl was really naïve and innocent, she never looked for other meanings in his words.

"You are way too innocent for your own good Aurora, it makes me even want you more."

Aurora's face was full-blown red at this moment, he could feel the rise in temperature in her from just touching her chin.

"The color on your face is remarkable, cute. Blushing over a couple of words."

"Forgive me, My Lord."

"What is there to forgive Aurora? My desire for you?"

"No, I, no My Lord."

"Say something to me that is genuine, why is everything constricted with you?"

"Forgive Me....."

"My Lord," He finished for her and she instantly fell silent, "I am allowing you to drop the formalities with me Aurora."

"I prefer it this way, My Lord."

"But why?"

"It is as it should be, and I am more comfortable when we have the formalities."

Caspian was even more surprised at her words, Nadia wanted to be with him, the fairest woman in the land and had the background, the perfect maiden who refused every suitor but him, and here stood this girl with red hair and green eyes, a maid and she wanted to be anywhere but with him.

She wasn't fawning nor pretending, he looked her over again. She was petite and small, yet her hands were strong.

Quiet and shy, she did not like any attention more than needed herself. She was innocent too, way too much. Was she living underneath a rock?

"Do you never think about getting married?" Caspian asked her, he analyzed her face and he could see confusion at first and then her hard resolve.

"No My Lord, it has crossed my mind before but I have never taken much thought to it but marriage is not for me."

This was interesting, why did she not want to get married? Most women would want to be married, have kids, and have their own homes yet she did not want it and it seemed she had set her mind to it that she would not be getting married.

"Elaborate for me Aurora."

She seemed hesitant at first but then she proceeded, "My life has always been in the palace and I do not wish for any child to suffer a cruel fate all because of reckless parents."

Caspian saw so much emotion in her answer for the first time, she seemed to be strained.

She must have gone through something so traumatizing,

He found himself stroking her cheek, and he withdrew his hand quickly. What was he doing? No way was he trying to comfort her.

That was not possible, he didn't have that in him, he felt sorry for her and that was all there was to it. He abruptly walked out of the room without looking back. He needed to clear his head.