Chapter 14

Aurora made her way to the palace, she grabbed some grits in a bowl and made her way to her friends.

"Morning ladies."

"Morning Aurora, "

She sat down and scooped some in her mouth.

"Grits are the best for days like these," Ida added.

"I could not agree anymore."

When they finished their breakfast, they all dispersed to their duties, she did not know why her heart was beating loudly.

She got to his chambers and he was not in the room, when she was busy cleaning up, his clothes scent was alluring.

She cleaned his bed, folded rumpled clothes, and took clothes that needed to be washed, she finished cleaning and took her daily walk.

Lunchtime and they all sat hurdled, "It's such a pain to serve them." Ida added.

"They eat like a bunch of pigs," Agnes replied.

"It's been a while since my elite also left any leftovers.

Aurora finished her lunch, she got up and knew that it was time for tea, Aurora took the tray and got to Caspian's cabin.

She knocked lightly,

"Come in"

Aurora walked in and placed her tray down hoping he would not be upset with her, because of yesterday's events.

She placed her tray down,

"Your tea My, Lord."

Caspian got up and she stopped frozen at the spot. Why was her breath getting hitched at him approaching her?

"Why do you avoid me so much Aurora?"

"I do not My Lord, I have jurisdictions when it comes to the work that I can't ignore. I am fulfilling any needs that you might have."

"But you are not fulfilling the most important one."

Aurora looked down and knew she was blushing profusely and could not answer what he was asking of her.

He was very bold and firm in his words maybe that's where his charm came from. That very charm was making her knees weak.

He stopped in front of her, "You are overthinking this Aurora."

Caspian's hands went around her waist and she clenched automatically when she knew what was coming next.

He pulled her full in his arms and his lips lowered to hers, he pulled her more firmly when he felt her light protests against him, he kissed her with all the pent-up passion that was gnawing at him for the past few weeks he had seen her.

When she finally stilled and stopped fighting him he pulled back from her, and Aurora did not know what had come over her as she slapped him.

When she had done that she was shocked at herself, and dropped to the ground immediately at his feet.

"Forgive me, My Lord, I don't know what came over me, I will take any punishment."

"Even death?"

Aurora nodded, "Yes even death, what I did shouldn't even earn me another day of seeing the sunlight."

Aurora was surprised when Caspian crouched to her level on the ground,

"Look at me Aurora."

Aurora tentatively looked at him but she didn't see any anger in his eyes, was he finding all this amusing?