Chapter 61

When she arrived at the hall there was already chatter and laughter. She got in and everyone became quiet.

"Sit Aurora, we have been here for some time. I must have gave you the wrong time." Said Nadia.

The other concubines laughed, how mature she thought. Did they want her here so that they could torment her?

"Thank you My Lady." She replied as she sat down.

"I forgot, you were a maid before right?" Nadia replied.

"Yes I was."

"We are short of staff tonight, so I was wondering if you could serve us, as none of us here have had the experience you have." Nadia replied smugly.

"I can't."

"Can't or you wont? I am the princess and future queen, and this is a command unless you want to go against my word."

"Of course not."

"Don't look at us, we don't have any experience of being maids." Hazel added with a smirk on her face.

She stood up and went to the kitchen, she took the mead to the dining hall and poured everyone a drink as they laughed blatantly laughed at her.

"You are a natural Aurora." Lilian added.

"She gave you a compliment, so you should respond accordingly." Nadia added.

"Thank you."

She went out and dished up the food, she took three trays at a time, as it was hard to serve on her own.

When she was done serving, as she was about to sit down,

"You duty is done, you can go back to your villa." Said Nadia.

Aurora nodded, she felt a lump forming in her throat, she walked slowly back to her villa as she looked at the night sky.

She wondered what was Caspian doing at this very moment? Was he missing her as much as she missed him?
When she arrived at her villa, she did not have any appetite, and went to her room. She felt very sad and her spirits were low.

"My lady." Eleanor came in the morning and she saw it was dusk.

"Come in Eleanor."

"Princess Nadia requests your company."

"Right now?"

"Yes My Lady."

Aurora got up and made her way to Nadia's villa,

"You called for me My Lady."

Nadia nodded to the side and she followed her gaze to a bunch of clothes, "I need you to wash those."

"You want me to take it to the laundry room?"

"No, I gave the laundry staff an off day, but I need my clothes to be washed." Nadia replied.

Aurora nodded, she went and picked up the clothes and began to wash. Eleanor was besides her helping her out.

"My Lady?"

"Yes Eleanor."

"Are they cruel to you because of the prince."

Aurora smiled a bit, "Very much so, I'm the outcast as you can see."

"It is very hard to see a princess like Nadia, she is so beautiful yet on the inside she is rotten."

Aurora continued washing, when she had hung everything she went to her villa and had some food. She was still tired and decided to go and lay down.

The days went by and Nadia made sure to make her life daily a misery. She decided to go and visit Elliot.

When Elliot spotted her, he smiled but then his smile faded, "What happened to you?"

"Are you mocking me Elliot?"

"Not really, you are dead on your feet."

"What can I say, everyone is out to get me."

"Can't you refuse?" Elliot asked concerned.

"No I can't, Nadia is the princess, anything she says goes."

"That is awful,"

"What other choice do I have?"

"Sit, and rest a bit before going back."

Aurora nodded and she sat by the sun. It felt too good and she woke up with Elliot tapping her on the shoulder.

"How long have I been asleep for?"

"A couple of hours, you needed the rest."

"Thank you Elliot, I apologize that I was not much company to you."

"I understand, I am fine with you just seated here." Elliot smiled at her. She made her way back to the villa,

"Aurora!"

She turned and it was Hazel, "I need you t..........."

Before Hazel could finish her sentence, "Have your maid do it, you and I are in the same ranks as concubines."

She ignored Hazel, and went to bed. The next morning, Nadia called for her, when she got to her villa she found the other concubines were there.

"I hear you refused to serve Hazel, why is that?" Nadia asked.

"Hazel and I are in the same rank, as concubines and she has a maid to do it."

"So you are saying you didn't want to serve me?" Nadia asked.

"I don't know why you are tormenting me? You lot should be upset with Caspian as he is the one who sought me out, so you all target the weakest person. Is it my fault that he treats me that way."

Aurora could see the rage growing in Nadia's face,

"You dare lecture me?" Nadia snapped at her.

"I'm not I am merely stating the truth, I wonder why what have I done to be treated this way?"

"Nadia stood up and the other concubines made her kneel. Nadia slapped her until blood came out her mouth. They stepped on her,

When they were done, she was limping back to her villa with Eleanor's help, when she sat on her bed, Eleanor came with a cloth and bowl.

Aurora could see that she was crying,

"I'm fine Eleanor."

Eleanor sobbed some more, "How much can you take My Lady?"

After a few months she was resting and healing, there was word that they had defeated the barbarians and they were heading back.

Aurora rejoiced that she would be reunited with her love. She could wait for the long walks, and sleeping in his arms, feeling safe and cherished.

The next few days Nadia and the concubines had left her alone and she knew that they also know that Caspian would be back soon.

She spent days, bathing and preparing herself, Aurora wanted to look her best when he came back. Aurora had missed his touch and now her prayers had been answered.

Even Eleanor was excited as she helped her prepare, brushing her hair.

"I'm so glad that he is coming back My Lady, your horrible days are going to come to an end."

"I can't wait Eleanor."

Early access to chapters: www.patreon.com/taniashava