Chapter 39

They walked through the bridge to the pavilion, and she was surprised when she found a table with so much food.

"Are there more guests coming?"

Caspian laughed at her question as he opened the chair for her and she sat down and he tucked her in. He sat next to her,

"No just you and I, I want to make up all the moments that I could not see you."

"You sure are doing a good job at fattening me."

Caspian smiled, "I don't care how you look regardless Aurora, you have my heart."

Aurora nodded, "You have mine too."

"The princess arrives."

Aurora saw Nadia coming up the stairs, "Sire, you don't mind if I join, I am parched."

"Not at all, sit," Caspian replied.

Nadia sat gracefully and she looked at her directly as she did, and Aurora knew she was doing it on purpose.

"I am glad you are back Aurora, I missed you and I am glad we can all sit and share meals," Nadia added.

"Me too My lady."

Nadia looked at Caspian, "I have been a bit picky with what I eat, the physician visited me and I might be with child."

Caspian took Nadia's hand, "You have to be careful from now onwards."

"I will need support from you, your highness."

"I will be with you every step of the way."

Aurora did not know why her heart fell, Caspian obviously needed an heir and Nadia would be the perfect fit for that.

She had been gone for months, so he obviously turned to someone else. Aurora did not show any signs of dismay.

"You have early congratulations, My Lady."

"Thank you Aurora, it means a lot coming from you."

Aurora forced herself to eat the food even though she felt sick to her stomach. When lunch finished she was glad.

"I shall take my leave, My Lord,"

"Let me walk you back."

"Nadia needs you, My Lord."

Caspian nodded, "Of course."

Aurora left and walked to the tree that she used to come to when she was burdened, and she cried her heart out.

She did not know if this was something that she could do, sharing the man that she might love was too much.

As a matter of fact, it was Nadia who was sharing her husband not the other way around. It was too late for her to turn back time.

It would have even been better if she had never gotten this position and cared for Caspian as much as she did now.

The tears streamed down her face endlessly, the pain wanted to make her die. She sat for hours as the sun was setting.

"It feels amazing to see you here."

Aurora turned to find Elliot sitting down and his face fell when he saw hers, "Have you been crying?"

Aurora nodded, "I have."

"What happened?" Elliot asked.

"My heart, it feels as if someone drove a dagger through it."

Elliot wiped the tears from her face, "You just came back, you can't leave again."

"I can't even if I wanted to, I am stuck in the palace."