Chapter three

Finding safe place

After about two months of Danielle practicing with her machete I think she could actually kill an undead. She just needs to get the courage. The night I told her that I got woken up by a noise outside in the woods. I knew right away that it was the undead. I quickly grab my weapons, all of them. I got out and Danielle is sound asleep.

By the sound of the rusalling it sounds like a herd. I used the back of my hand and hit Danielles tent to wake her up. "Danielle a herd is coming!" I warn her and that wakes her up. She goes as fast as she can get her bat and her machete.

She finally gets out of her tent and by then the herd is already in our grounds. "About time!" I scold her "You need to be quicker if you're going to survive in this new world!" She nods and goes to one side of the undead and I did the same. We started to chop up the undead. Danielle was very good with aiming for the head and she got them down on the first try. She started to have a problem when she reached her sixth one.

We were halfway through. As she started to have trouble I started to stab the undead in the head faster. Danielle backs up so her back is all the way on the tree. "Danielle!" I scream. How am I supposed to count on her when she is a coward? After I got to my last one, an undead was on Danielle almost biting her. I quickly ran to her aid again. I throw the undead off her and stab it in the head. I stay there panting as Danielle slides down the tree.

"What the fuck Danielle!?" I snapped at her. She looks up at me with terror in her eyes

"What?" She says her voice shaking

"What the fuck was that?" I ask her

"What are you talking about?"

"I'm talking about almost getting bit!" I scream at her.

"Bel calm down, you're going to attack more." She tells me reasonably.

"Oh I know I'll attack more." I take a step back bringing the view of her "You're weak." I conclude.

She gave me a look of complete and total disbelief. "How can you say that? You said I've been doing good with the machete."

"You are." I agree with her "But you're weak. You aren't strong." She shakes her head. "Before you pack up your stuff I want you to do twenty push ups and a hundred jumping jacks." I add. She gives me a look of complete horror. "Remember we agreed for you to stay with me if you don't slow me down." I remind her "Better get goin."

I walked back to my tent as Danielle started to do the push ups. Before I was fully at my tent I called back "If you don't do the workouts, consider yourself dead already." I crawl in my tent and start to pack up my things. First my weapons. I cleaned off my knife with a cloth I found the last time I was in town. After that I put all my weapons in my bag. I used to have more things but after the end of the world I only carry weapons.

I put the ones with the slings over my shoulder and crawled out of the tent again and started to put the tent down. I put the tent in this bag I got back in town a little while ago that would help fit it better in my backpack. I go back to Danielle and watch her do push ups that are very hard to watch. It pains me. She doesn't have any upper body strength.

After about an hour she finally finishes these painful to look at workouts. "Finally." I mutter.

"Happy?" She asks with attitude

"I hope you know I'm still letting you stay with me. I could totally leave your ass but I don't. So if you want to fucking survive this fucked up world then do as i tell you and you wont get fucking hurt.'' I tell her. "Now pack up your shit and we'll get the fuck out of here." She does as I say and in ten minutes she gets all her shit together.