Chapter Fifteen

Defeat

"In between the coats in the closet, She held on to that heart shaped locket

Staring at a family flawless.

But it ain't a pretty picture tonight. Mom and daddy just won't stop it

Fightin' at the drop of the faucet

Cuts through the walls catastrophic

She's caught in the crossfire"-Carrie Underwood

Miguel's POV

Danielle and I walk back to where we left Bella, Cora, and Lilley after finding a place to lay low for a little while. We found a cabin not far from where we're hankering down now. Danielle and I scooped out the cabin's surroundings, making sure nothing was a hundred feet within the grounds.

As we approach the place we left the others, a sight i didn't want to believe filled my vision. Cora and Lilley are on the ground, blood dripping from a wound on their heads onto the dirty ground. Danielle immediately goes towards the two. She puts two fingers on their necks checking for a pulse. She glances back at me.

"They're just unconscious." I look past her trying to find Bella. She's where to be seen. I grow more concerned as i don't see her black hair anywhere. I run towards the two on the ground, wanting answers.

"We need to wake them up." I demand.

Danielle nods. She gently moves them onto their backs and lifts their heads up, to make sure their airway keeps getting oxygen. I start shaking Cora to get her to wake up. "No, don't do that. You could make her go into shock." I quickly backed away, not wanting to cause anymore harm. Danielle glances at me, "get the First Aid Kit." I nod. I sprint towards Danielles bag, grabbing what Danielle asked for.

She throws open the kit. "What are you looking for?" I question.

"An alcohol whip." She answers. She takes out the little swab, ripping it open. She puts the swab under Lilleys nose, making her stirr awake. Lilley slowly opens her eyes. Danielle goes towards Cora, doing the same thing she did with Lilley.

The worst thing started to happen, Cora started to seize. Her whole body tensed up and started to go out of control. She started shaking excessively. Danielle quickly sets to work, she starts undoing Coras shirt, loosing it, so nothing tight is on her body. She then puts her on her side. White foam starts spilling out of Coras mouth.

Lilley now being comprehend, starts freaking out. "Is she going to be okay?" Lilley asks, her voice shaking. Danielle holds out her hand, signaling her to be quiet.

"Shh, don't panic. She will be fine." Danielle says in a firm voice. Lilley comes over towards me shoving her head into my shoulder. Her tears start to soak my shirt. I try calming her down by caressing her hair.

Coras lips start smacking together, echoing through the quiet leaves. The sounds coming from Coras mouth were grunting, like she was in pain. The sound is horrible to listen to.

After a couple of excruciating minutes, Cora finally stops seizing. Danielle put Cora back onto her back, checking her pulse in the process. The look in Danielles eyes as she sets her two fingers on Coras neck, makes my heart skip a beat. "What?" I demand. She doesn't answer, instead she puts her finger under her nose.

Danielle looks at me. "She's not breathing." Danielle unbuttons Coras shirt, unclasping Coras bra in the process, leaving Coras breast bare. Danielle places the heel of her right hand in the middle of Coras chest, right on her breastbone. Her other hand goes over her left, interlacing her fingers.