Chapter Thirteen

First Fight

"Sometimes you think you'll be find by yourself

Cause a dream is a wish you make all alone"-Demi Lovato

I inhale a breath as the pain succumbed my arm. "Ahhh be careful." I groan.

"Im sorry Bel, this cut needs to be cleaned out so it wont get infected." Cora tells me. Adding more alcohol to my bleeding arm. The cut on my arm isn't deep enough for stitches but its by far deep it'll leave a scar. Adding a new scar to my collection.

"I know, I know." I sigh through gritted teeth. Im seated on a old bucket in a abandoned room in a old warehouse a little away from the town and woods. I glance over towards Miguel whom was also getting attended to by Danielle. He has a wound to the head making blood mix with his dark hair. I shake my head as memories of hours before flood my mind.

Miguel and I were walking hand in hand with the others behind us. We had to pack up and find somewhere in town. The undead invaded our camp once again making us go on the move. "We really need a new way of transportation other than walking." Lilley groaned.

"Do you know how to siphon gas and hot wire a car?" Danielle inquired.

"I do actually," I said before Lilley could answer. Everyone paused and looked at me. "What?" I question.

"You know how to siphon and hot wire a car?" Cora asks.

I nod and hum. "Then why aren't we riding in a car? And not walking?" Lilley scoffs.

"Because cars make a lot of noise." I glance back at her.

"How do you hotwire a car?" Danielle questions with a tilt of her head.

"You get under the stirring wheel and take apart the plastic containing all the wires." I explain as everyone stays quiet and listens. "Find the two red wires and strip them."

Before I could continue my explanation Cora interjects with a question. "What does 'strip them' mean?"

"Wire stripping is a necessary component of nearly any electrical project. It refers to the process of removing the outer protective layer of insulation while making certain to not slice the components beneath." They nod. I take that as my cue to continue my explanation of hot wiring a car. "Then you cross the red wires, find a single brown wire and strip it."

"Then slightly touch the brown wire to the red until the car starts. Once the car is on disconnect the brown wire from the red. Boom binga boom." I make a mic drop action.

"How do you know that?" Miguel raises a curious brow.

"When i was still in school i took interest in electrical engineering. Some of the information stuck." I said with a grin and winked at him making him lightly chuckle.

Cora looks at me with a smile. "How do you siphon gas?"

I inhale a breath. "Now that is harder than hot wiring a car." I inform, "You have to get a tube of some sorts and put it in the gas tank. You put the tube in your mouth and basically suck the gas out." Many exclamations of disgust went around the group. I chuckle slightly to myself. "But there is a more safer and healthier way." I add.

"Whats that way?" Lilley asks.

Before i could answer her a lout BANG sounded in front of us. We froze in our steps.

Hundreds upon hundreds of undead was approaching us. I quickly turn around, thrusting Miguel infront of me. "Go! Go!" I yell. We all start to run the way we came from. Trying to get away from the flesh craving creatures. We couldn't move any further as the undead surrounded us, from all directions. Panic over takes my body. I inhale a breath. I look around trying to find an escape.