𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟣𝟪 🕊

Jungkook P

Jungkook P.O.V.

We land smoothly at Sardy Field at 12:25 p.m. (MST). Stephan brings the plane to a halt a little way from the main terminal, and through the windows, I spot a large VW minivan waiting for us.

"Good landing." Taehyung grins and shakes Stephan's hand as we get ready to file out of the jet.

"It's all about the density altitude, sir." Stephan smiles back. "Beighley here is good at math."

Taehyung nods at Stephan's first officer. "You nailed it, Beighley. Smooth landing."

"Thank you, sir." She grins smugly.

"Enjoy your weekend, Mr. Kim, Mister Kim. We'll see you tomorrow."

Stephan steps aside to let us disembark and taking my hand, Taehyung leads me down the aircraft steps to where Taylor is waiting by the vehicle.

"Minivan?" says Taehyung in surprise as Taylor slides open the door.

Taylor gives him a tight, contrite smile and a slight shrug.

"Last minute, I know," Taehyung says, immediately placated. Taylor returns to the plane to retrieve our luggage.

"Want to make out in the back of the van?" Taehyung murmurs to me, a mischievous gleam in his eye.

I giggle. Who is this man, and what has he done with Mr. Unbelievably Angry over the last couple of days?

"Come on, you two. Get in," Mia says from behind us, oozing impatience beside Jihyun. We climb in, stagger to the double seat at the back, and sit down. I snuggle against Taehyung, and he puts his arm around the back of my seat. "Comfortable?" he murmurs as Mia and Jihyun take the seat in front of us.

Yes." I smile and he kisses my forehead. And for some unfathomable reason, I feel shy with him today. Why? Last night? Being with company? I can't put my finger on it.

Eunwoo and Jimin join us last as Taylor opens the liftgate to load the luggage.

Five minutes later, we are on our way.

I gaze out the window as we head toward Aspen. The trees are green, but a whisper of the coming fall is evident here and there in the yellowing tips of the leaves. The sky is a clear crystal blue, though there are darkening clouds to the west. All around us in the distance loom the Rockies, the highest peak directly ahead. They're lush and green, and the highest are capped with snow and look like a child's drawing of mountains.

We're in the winter playground of the rich and famous. And I own a house here. I can barely believe it. And from deep within my psyche, the familiar unease that's always present when I try to wrap my head around Taehyung's wealth looms and taunts me, making me feel guilty. What have I done to deserve this lifestyle?

I've done nothing, nothing except fall in love.

"Have you been to Aspen before, Kook?" Jihyun turns and asks, dragging me out of my reverie.