𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟤𝟤 🕊

Jungkook P

Jungkook P.O.V.

"Do you want me to send her away?" Hannah asks, alarmed at my expression.

"Um, no. Where is she?"

"In reception. She's not alone. She's accompanied by another young woman."

Oh!

"And Miss Prescott wants to talk to you," Hannah adds.

I'm sure she does. "Send her in."

Hannah stands aside, and Prescott enters my office. She's on a mission, bristling with professional efficiency.

"Give me a moment, Hannah. Prescott, take a seat."

Hannah closes the door, leaving Prescott and me alone.

"Mister Kim, Leila Williams is on your proscribed list of visitors."

"What?" I have a proscribed list?

"On our watch list, sir. Taylor and Welch have been quite specific about not letting her come into contact with you."

I frown, not understanding. "Is she dangerous?"

"I can't say, sir."

"Why do I even know that she's here?"

Prescott swallows and for a moment looks awkward. "I was on a restroom break. She came in, spoke directly to Claire, and Claire called Hannah."

"Oh. I see." I realize that even Prescott has to pee, and I laugh. "Oh dear."

"Yes sir." Prescott gives me an embarrassed grin, and it's the first time I've seen a chink in her armor. She has a lovely smile.

"I need to talk to Claire about protocol, again," she says, her tone weary.

"Sure. Does Taylor know she's here?" I cross my fingers unconsciously, hoping she hasn't told Taehyung.

"I left a brief voice message for him."

Oh. "Then I only have a short time. I'd like to know what she wants."

Prescott gazes at me for a moment. "I must advise against it, sir."

"She's here to see me for a reason."

"I'm supposed to prevent that, sir." Her voice is soft but resigned.

"I really want to hear what she has to say." My tone is more forceful than I intend.

Prescott stifles her sigh. "I'd like to search them both before you do."

"Okay. Can you do that?"

"I'm here to protect you, Mister Kim, so yes, I can. I'd also like to stay with you while you talk."

"Okay." I'll grant her this concession. Besides, last time I met Leila, she was armed. "Go ahead."

Prescott rises.