𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟤𝟨 🕊

Jungkook P

Jungkook P.O.V.

"We just have to sell it to the unions. That's Sam and Ros's job. But the way the economy's heading, none of us have a lot of choice."

I yawn.

"Am I boring you, Mister Kim?" He nuzzles my hair again, amused.

"No! Never . . . I'm just very comfortable on your lap. I like hearing about your business."

"You do?" He sounds surprised.

"Of course." I lean back to gaze directly at him. "I like hearing any bit of information you deign to share with me." I smirk, and he regards me with amusement and shakes his head.

"Always hungry for more information, Mister Kim."

"Tell me." I urge him as I snuggle up against his chest again.

"Tell you what?"

"Why you do it."

"Do what?"

"Work the way you do."

"A guy's got to earn a living." He's amused.

"Taehyung, you earn more than a living." My voice is full of irony. He frowns and is quiet for a moment. I think he's not going to divulge any secrets, but he surprises me.

"I don't want to be poor," he says, his voice low. "I've done that. I'm not going back there again. Besides . . . it's a game," he murmurs. "It's about winning. A game I've always found very easy."

"Unlike life," I murmur to myself. Then I realized I said the words out loud.

"Yes, I suppose." He frowns. "Though it's easier with you."

Easier with me? I hug him tightly. "It can't all be a game. You're very philanthropic."

He shrugs, and I know he's growing uncomfortable. "About some things, maybe," he says quietly.

"I love philanthropic Taehyung," I murmur.

"Just him?"

"Oh, I love megalomaniac Taehyung, too, and control-freak Taehyung, sexpertise Taehyung, kinky Taehyung, romantic Taehyung, shy Taehyung . . . the list is endless."

"That's a whole lot of Taehyungs."

"I'd say at least thirty."

"Okay, you're exaggerating that's way beyond." I laugh.

He laughs. "Beyond Layers," he murmurs into my hair.

"My Beyond Layers."

He shifts, tipping my head back, and kisses me. "Well, Mister Kim, let's see how your dad is doing."

"Okay."
-

"Can we go for a drive?"

Taehyung and I are back in the R8, and I'm feeling giddily buoyant. Minho's brain is back to normal—all swelling is gone. Dr. Sluder has decided to wake him from his coma tomorrow. She says she's pleased with his progress.