𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟣𝟫 🕊

Jungkook P

Jungkook P.O.V.

The garage door opener whirrs loudly into action, startling us all, and the door slowly lifts to reveal Taehyung and Jihyun unloading a black flatbed truck.

Taehyung stops when he sees us standing in the garage.

"Garage band?" he asks sardonically as he wanders in, heading straight for me.

I grin. I am relieved to see him. Beneath his wading jacket, he's wearing the coveralls I sold him at Claytons.

"Hi," he says looking quizzically at me, ignoring both Jimin and Eunwoo.

"Hi. Nice coveralls."

"Lots of pockets. Very handy for fishing." His voice is soft and seductive, for my ears only, and when he gazes down at me, his expression is hot.

I flush, and he smiles a huge, no-holds-barred, all-for-me smile.

"You're wet," I murmur.

"It was raining. What are you guys doing in the garage?" Finally he acknowledges that we are not alone.

"Kook came to fetch some wood," Eunwoo smirks. Somehow he manages to make that sentence sound smutty. "I tried to tempt him to take a ride." He is master of the double entendre.

Taehyung's face falls, and my heart stills.

"He said no. That you wouldn't like it," Eunwoo says kindly—and innuendo-free.

Taehyung's heavy gaze swings back to me. "Did he, now?" he murmurs.

"Listen, I'm all for standing around discussing what Kook did next, but shall we go back inside?" Jimin snaps. He stoops down, snatches up two logs, and turns on his heel, stomping toward the door. Oh shit. Jimin is mad—but I know it's not at me. Eunwoo sighs and, without a word, follows Jimin out. I gaze after them, but Taehyung distracts me.

"You can ride a motorcycle?" he asks, his voice laced with disbelief.

"Not very well. Jihyun taught me."

His eyes frost immediately. "You made the right decision," he says, his voice much cooler. "The ground's very hard at the moment, and the rain's made it treacherous and slippery."

"Where do you want the fishing gear?" Jihyun calls from outside.

"Leave it, Jihyun —Taylor will take care of it."

"What about the fish?" Jihyun continues, his voice vaguely taunting.

"You caught a fish?" I ask, surprised.

"Nope...not me. Park did." And Taehyung pouts . . . prettily.

I burst out laughing.

"Mrs. Bentley will deal with that," he calls back. Jihyun grins and heads into the house.
-