𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟤𝟫 🕊

Jungkook P

Jungkook P.O.V.

I gape at Dr. Greene, my world collapsing around me.

A baby. A baby. I don't want a baby . . . not yet. Fuck.

And I know deep down that Taehyung is going to freak.

"Mister Kim, you're very pale. Would you like a glass of water?"

"Please." My voice is barely audible. My mind is racing. Pregnant? When?

"I take it you're surprised."

I nod mutely at the good doctor as she hands me a glass of water from her conveniently placed water cooler. I take a welcome sip. "Shocked," I whisper.

"We could do an ultrasound to see how advanced the pregnancy is. Judging by your reaction, I suspect you're just a couple of weeks or so from conception—four or five weeks pregnant. I take it you haven't been suffering any other symptoms?"

I shake my head mutely. Symptoms? I don't think so. "I thought . . . I thought this was a reliable form of contraceptive."

Dr. Greene arches a brow. "It normally is, when you remember to take the pills," she says coolly.

"I must have lost track of time." Taehyung is going to freak out. I know it.

"Have you really not been having any symptoms at all?"

I frown. "No."

"Let's do an ultrasound, shall we? I have time."

I nod, bewildered, and Dr. Greene directs me toward a black leather exam table behind a screen.

"If you'll just slip off your shirt and cover your lower half with the blanket on the table, we'll go from there," she says briskly.

I wasn't expecting an ultrasound scan of my belly today. Why is this happening to me? I shrug in consternation then quickly do as she says and lie down beneath the soft white blanket.

"That's good." Dr. Greene appears at the end of the table, pulling all of her tools out ultrasound machine closer. It's a hi-tech mounted machine on the wall. Sitting down, she positions the screen so that we can both see it and jogs the trackball on the keyboard.

The screen pings into life.

"If you could just stay relaxed for me and laid back while I apply this warm gel. It helps with transmission of sound waves." she says matter-of-factly.

I frown warily. A sense of vulnerability overtakes me.

"Okay," I mutter, mortified, and do as she says.

Greene applies a generous amount of gel onto my abdomen, the coolness makes me jump slightly. "Sorry, it's a bit chilly, " Greene smiled.

"No worries," I smile, trying to suppress a nervous giggle.