Chapter One

Chapter One

"Yeah, whatever's good for you." Vanessa smiled politely at the random freshman in front of her who was laying the compliments on quite thickly.

"I just hope to be as good as you so I can make the team!" The little blonde squealed.

Vanessa mentally rolled her eyes and nodded as she navigated around the girl and walked towards the ground where the rest of the team was.

She had become head cheerleader as soon as her coach found out the potential she had.

That clearly made her the envy of the older students who were already on the team but they all sucked up to her because Vanessa was a force to be reckoned with.

"How does he look so good?" A voice caught her attention as she looked in the direction that the girls were staring at.

The football team of course.

Some of the players looked back at the girls who were salivating over them and even went as far as winking or calling back at them making them blush deeply.

Not Emerson though. Emerson Greysmith was too good for anyone here. He was royalty. Old money and influence that would quite literally allow him to rule the world when the time came.

I mean everyone here was rich. Children of billionaires and even the president's daughter went here. That was how well reputed Muskwood Private Elite was.

Emerson focused on everything he ever did. He didn't have time for useless things that didn't catch his attention. The funny thing was, Emerson was a dick. A big one at that. Well, according to the rumours he had one too.

He wasn't an asshole because he was rude, it was an asshole because he barely looked at anybody other than his inner circle. It was as though everyone else was beneath him. There were girls but none that ever lasted. Nobody ever got the girlfriend title. He showed us over and over again that nobody was worth his time.

The only problem was, Vanessa was the only one that had this opinion. The rest of Muskwood Private was obsessed with him. He was a god to them and what he said always went.

Vanessa watched as he threw the ball up into the air once and tossed it to Grant who was standing next to him. "Heads up Grant." Emerson's deep voice called out.

Emerson's inner circle had Grant Hensley and West McKinsey in it. They would kill for each other. Their parents were best friends from birth and these three men were too. They weren't just friends but they were brothers and everyone here knew it.

Vanessa whistled loudly to get the attention of the girls to get back to practice. The girls looked towards her direction in frustration at having their time stalking the football players get interrupted.

Emerson's head had also snapped towards Vanessa's direction and he hid his amusement as the girls moaned about being called back in.

He gave Vanessa one last glance as he shook his head and caught the ball as it flew towards him, getting his head back into the game.

***

"Mom stop." Emerson groaned as a smile threatened to play on his lips as he watched his petite mother whose head barely reached his chest swat at him with a fierce expression.

"How are you not even upset Emerson. I won't see you and Elena for a month!" Selene Greysmith couldn't help but feel upset as she thought about having to leave her children.

"Mom you're overreacting. You've left us alone before." Elena snorted and rolled her eyes finding the situation hilarious.

"Oh, you know your mom Elly. I got the most beautiful woman in the world but she's also the most dramatic." Mason Greysmith kissed his daughter's forehead after walking into the dining hall, hearing the commotion from the courtyard outside.