Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

"I'm going to be with you the whole time El." Vanessa reassured Elena over the phone as Elena panicked thinking about the last time she had gone to a party.

"I should've just gotten ready with you." Elena groaned over the phone.

"Facetime me."

Elena facetimed Vanessa and showed her the dress she was wearing.

"Elena, you look adorable."

"I messed up so bad last time and I don't know what I'm supposed to wear to —"

"Calm down."

"Do you have any other dresses you can show me? I'm gonna turn you into the hottest girl there."

Elena turned red and nodded hesitantly as she took out a few dresses.

"Elena. You have to wear the red one." Vanessa immediately interrupted Elena as she caught sight of the dress that she skipped over.

"Oh that might be too much for —"

"Are you kidding? Babe it's a party, that dress is literally so hot."

"If you don't wear it, I'm coming over to yours and forcing you to. You're hot El, own it." Vanessa grinned at Elena through the phone.

"Um okay I guess but I'm pretty sure Emerson won't really be okay with what I'm wearing."

"Trust me, the second you get to my house he'll be thankful you're wearing what you're wearing."

"Why?"

"You'll see." Vanessa said as they ended the call.

Elena took a deep breath and looked at herself in the mirror after she wore the dress.

She felt pretty but she also looked at every flaw and imperfection she could see.

Her arms were a little too chubby and her tummy wasn't exactly flat. The dress was skintight and sleeveless. She loved how pretty it was but she also felt horribly unsure of herself.

She took a deep breath and clenched her fists as she just decided to walk out of her room and head downstairs.

"Elena you look beautiful honey!" Selene gave her daughter a quick hug and gave her a once over.

"Hell no. You're changing." Emerson snapped from the side with wide eyes.

His little sister suddenly looked all grown up to him and he hated it. No way. That dress was way too short and so unlike Ellie.

"I agree with Emerson. Ellie you look beautiful but there's no way you're leaving the house like that." Mason sternly called out.

"That's enough. She can wear what she wants to." Selene berated glaring at both of her angry men as she looked back to her anxious sweet daughter.

"Don't listen to them honey, you know they're just protective."

"Emerson Greysmith get your ass over here and take your sister to the party." She swiveled to face her son and scolded him.

"Mum but —"

Selene shot him a look making him groan in frustration.

"Fine."

They both headed out to pick up Vanessa.

When they were seated in Emerson's Mercedes he took off his jacket and held it out to her.

"Please just spare me and wear this. I don't want anybody leering at you Ellie, I'm gonna literally have to be a guard dog tonight."

Elena looked down and hesitated but she remembered what Vanessa had told her.