Chapter Three

Chapter Three

Vanessa's ankle didn't hurt that much and it wasn't a big deal but it was annoying to deal with especially during cheer practice.

Every time she landed wrong, it would get worse and she wanted to go beat Emerson up for messing with her but she obviously couldn't. Nobody could touch him.

She took a seat on the bleachers and watched as the footballers practiced their throws. She caught a glimpse of Emerson, West and the rest of their gang.

She looked to the side and did a double take when she saw Elena sitting at the corner and doing her homework.

Vanessa got up and took a seat next to her causing her to jump up with surprise.

"Hey."

"
Oh hi!" Elena smiled giddily.

"You're doing your calc homework?" Vanessa looked at her with amusement and looked down at the homework she was doing.

"Yeah I'm just having some trouble with this question but I'll figure it out later."

"Lemme see." Vanessa turned the book towards her direction and thought for a second.

"Its option c."

"How did you..." Elena exclaimed with excitement and shock. How smart was Vanessa?

"I'm just good at solving things in my head

I guess?" Vanessa grinned at her sheepishly.

"That's so cool." Elena smiled back.

Elena's eyes slipped down to Vanessa's leg. "I'm so sorry. Is your leg okay? Em's such an ass for doing that to you. I'm not talking to him right now."

"Don't worry about it. It's just annoying cause I can't practice for too long but I'm good."

"Ellie." Emerson's voice came from behind and snapped them both out of their conversation.

Elena didn't look at Emerson as she got up and hugged Vanessa. "See you later."

Emerson sighed as he watched Elena head to the car.

Vanessa got up and started to walk away until Emerson softly held her hand.

"Wait."

"What." She snarled at him.

He came to stand in front of her and looked down at her.

"Did you ice it?" He genuinely asked as he knew he misjudged her. West had told him what had really happened.

He never cared about anyone unless they were close to him but he felt bad for almost robbing Elena of an ally. To be honest he also felt slightly bad that he had hurt her. He didn't know why he cared though he would never actually admit it.

Vanessa's cold grey eyes warmed to the slightest degree at his words and he couldn't stop staring.

She knew it was the closest thing she would get to an apology so she sighed and nodded.

"Um yeah, it's chill." She awkwardly stated and tried to get past him.

The next thing she knew, she was being lifted in the air as she looked up in horror at Emerson's unbothered face as he carried her to the parking lot.

"What are you doing!" She exclaimed with irritation.

"I didn't know your leg was that bad." Emerson gritted as he shook his head with self loathing. Her foot looked broken. How had she gotten through the day?