Chapter Six

Chapter Six

Selene managed to calm down slightly as tears soaked her cheeks. Her husband hugged her tightly and rubbed her back softly.
They both had recognised the girl immediately.
Savannah Knightley was one of the most beautiful women in the world.

Her personality though was the complete opposite.
She hated everything that Selene was because Savannah had always felt as though Selene had stolen Mason away from her.

Savannah and Mason had been the picture perfect couple. The cheerleader and the quarterback, until Selene entered their lives. Until Mason actually fell in love.

"How can this be possible Mason?" Selene urgently questioned.

"She's dead sweetheart. She really is."

"We never knew she had a daughter."

"It doesn't matter anymore honey. She was out of our lives a long time ago. Good riddance to that fucking bitch." Mason snarled as he recalled some of the horrific things that Savannah had made Selene go through.

"Oh my god. Our children are friends with... " Selene trailed off looking distraught.

"Let's go back. We can only handle this properly if we talk to the kids. We can't deal with this now." Mason wiped his wife's tears and kissed her softly.

They went back to the bleachers after a while and Elena immediately started firing off questions at her mother.

"Mum are you okay? What's wrong? You've never looked that terrified before!"

Selene let out a sigh and turned to look at her daughter sadly. "You know I would never hide anything from you darling but let's just say I knew Vanessa's mother once."

"You knew Aurora Winsley?"

"Aurora Winsley..." Selene broke off and snuck a glance at her husband who gritted his teeth.

"Honey, who told you that Aurora's Vanessa's mother?"

Selene knew Aurora because she was Savannah's younger sister. Savannah and Aurora didn't look alike though they had common features.

"Mum everyone knows that, Aurora's super famous and everyone knew Vanessa from before because she's her daughter."

Selene didn't answer as she looked down at Vanessa who was cheering and performing her routine.

"I need to talk to you about this Elena. I want you to hear everything from me so that we can figure something out."

"Okay what's going on. Do you and her mom not get along or something?"

"Something like that sweetheart but we can talk about this later. Let's watch the game. We're here for your brother." Mason interrupted and smiled at them both while truthfully he was seething on the inside.

He didn't want this girl entering their lives. The damage her mother had caused was irreparable and he didn't want his children to be around anyone related to Vanessa. They would all be like her and maybe it was cruel because he didn't even know the girl but he didn't want Vanessa around them.

As Emerson scored the winning touchdown, Vanessa cheered loudly. She watched as he threw his helmet down and his teammates laughed and tackled him with adrenaline rushing through their veins.

She snuck away to the locker room with a smile playing on her lips as she checked her phone.

Dad: Please be home for dinner. I'd like to catch up on certain things with you. At the corner of the parking lot.