4

"Where are you going?" mom asked. It was really rare of her or dad to be doing anything else other than minding their own businesses. So it was surprising that she was even asking me where I was going.

"Damien's party." I replied and took my car keys from the table. "Okay and your uncle will be coming tomorrow so you better not screw up in front of him." mom said and turned back to go upstairs. She could've just said it directly like she always does instead of making a small talk. Oh and that wasn't even a small talk.

It took me 20 minutes to reach at Damien's. I would probably reach there within 15 minutes if it wasn't for me picking up Jason on the way. Then again I wasn't dying to go to his party so I didn't mind it.

As soon as I entered his house, I was quickly surrounded by people. People I knew and I didn't. It was normal at this point. 'Cause of 'popular kid' treatment I got.

Now I don't know how I became popular but it has to be my looks that made me 'popular'. My parents sure did not give me love but they gave me looks. So one part of me resents them and one part of me thanks them.

Right when I entered his house, I knew I wasn't gonna be left alone. It's always after 3 hours of partying I get truly sick of people. I don't know if it's 'cause I'm drunk or I just hate the company of others for too long in general. Now, you might ask me how I survive school. Well I've got my roof there.

Roof reminds me of that transfer guy. I saw him while entering Damien's house. He was talking with a few chicks. That was bound to happen considering his looks. He also got invited even though he's new. See, looks can even buy you company if you don't know the person well. Not saying he's a bad person by the way.

I partied like an animal. Made out here and there. Drank whatever was in front of me. Then Jess came out of nowhere and we ended up sleeping together for the 4th time. We went at it for an hour and then she fell asleep. I dozed off for 10 minutes too but then I woke up.

I exited the room where I had done previously the deed with Jess and went downstairs. I saw everyone passed out on the floor, couch and wherever it was possible to lay your back down.

I walked to the yard, hoping there'd be some cold breeze blowing outside and guess what there was cold breeze blowing outside. I was admiring the midnight atmosphere when a figure, a familiar figure to be exact caught my attention.

He turned around right after I spotted him. It was the transfer guy. I knew it. It was unusual of me because I don't remember people who I've met once or twice quite well.

"I saw you that day, at swim race." I spoke breaking the silence. "What does the popular kid think about my swimming skills?" he asked, adding the popular kid out of sarcasm of course. "You had people drooling over your 'hot bod'. The girls gave you a name. Hot bod boy." I said and he laughed slightly. "Hot bod boy? That's kinda..uh never mind." he said and looked at me. I just smiled slightly and looked down, then in front of me.

"Daniel, what's your last name?" he asked and I looked at him dumbfounded. "You're popular remember? It's normal that I know your name, it'd be abnormal if I didn't." he said and smiled at me. There he goes again on his smiling spree.

"It's Wilson. My last name." I said and he nodded. "Elias Vega. That's your name right?" I asked and he gave me an indescribable look when I pronounced his full name. I wonder if I pronounced it wrong or something.

"Did I say it right? Or.." I asked and he shook his head to bring himself back to reality. "Oh no, you said it right. It's just no one except my family calls me Elias. At least not in front of me." He said and I got flashbacks from that time when Jess and some other girls were calling him Elias. They'll know eventually I guess.

"Okay, I'll stick to Vega then." I said and he nodded. "What're you doing up so late?" he asked. "Oh I hooked up with someone and I can't sleep at someone's house if I've been there just once." I said and he mouthed an 'oh'.

"Why're you up?" I asked him back. "I can't sleep." he replied. "Insomnia?" I asked. "No, I just can't sleep beside someone I hooked up with." He said and not gonna lie that was kinda surprising. That was the first time I've heard someone say that.

"Why is that?" I asked out of curiosity. "I don't feel comfortable. I guess sleep after sex is only for my lover. Cheesy, I know." he said and smiled. Again.

"That's wholesome I guess. Sorry I just suck at responding when it comes to these things." I apologized and he laughed slightly. "No it's alright."

It was silent between us after that. Not some awkward silence but non bothering silence. He was a chill dude to be around. He looked relaxed all the time and despite his body looking like some arrogant dominant dude's body from an over-hyped movie, he was nice.

After standing there like that for a while. I eventually felt sleepy and said my 'bye' before leaving him there alone. I went up to the room where I previously left Jess and laid down beside her. Before I knew it I fell asleep.

Beep. Beep. Beep. Was what I heard the first thing in the morning. I groaned and saw Jess still sleeping like a log but her alarm was going off like crazy. Who the hell even sets their alarm up after a party night.

I took her phone from the nightstand and turned the alarm off. I looked at the time and it said '10:04 am'. Oh, fuck. I need to run.