14

"Get out, all of you. I'm wide awake and my eyes won't close. I assure you." I said and pushed Jason, who was leaning on my shoulder. After that I had to convince them for 10 minutes to go out of the room so I could change. Since they wouldn't listen, I kicked them out.

"Your friends are-" Elias started but I didn't let him finish. "Persistent, I know." I said and he raised one of his eyebrows. "No? They're fun." he said and I stared at him. 'What?' he questioned and I rolled my eyes at him.

"Last night—" Elias started but I cut him off, again. "Yes, I'm sorry I apologize for making out in the middle of the night and waking you up from your beauty sleep but don't act like you didn't have your fun." Fuck, the last part made it sound like I'm mad or something.

Of course he caught on. "Why're you acting like you're mad?" he asked. Fuck Elias, you don't need to notice every single detail. "Well no one likes to see their friend getting it on, now do they?" I said and he gave me a confused look.

"What?" I asked. "The things Serena said last night didn't actually sound very friendly but if that's how y'all do friendship stuffs then.." he went quiet after the 'then'. "She was drunk and okay yeah we're not 'friends'." I admitted and he grinned at my confession.

"So what are you mad about?" he asked, again. Bitch. "I'm not?" lie. "You sure?" he asked to make sure. "Yeah." another lie. I don't even know why I was mad. It didn't make any sense. No way in hell that funny thought is real. I definitely don't like him.

Oh, well. I guess I do because the way he and Ser were talking during breakfast made my blood boil and to think they had sex. Fucking hell.

I left breakfast midway. 'I'm not hungry' that was my excuse. I caught Elias's eyes following me but ignored it. Let's not lose it Daniel. You're supposed to be composed.

I walked to the lake that was near our cottage houses and sat down on the grass there. "Why'd you leave?" A voice behind me spoke, Elias's voice. "You weren't deaf yesterday, what happened?" I asked and he rolled eyes.

He sat beside me and turned his head towards my direction whilst I was looking at the lake. "Is something bothering you? Perhaps last night?" he asked and I felt my stomach go cold. Oh god, please let this not be what I think it is.

"It doesn't. I was at fault anyways." I said and he leaned towards me. "I didn't fuck with her. I was just fooling around 'cause I was frustrated." he said. That was so sudden. 'Oh' was what I replied with.

"Why're you telling me that?" I asked and he shrugged. "Felt like should've let you know." he said. "Since we are letting each other know things, let me tell you something too." I said and he froze.

"What?" he sounded so serious. "I hated to ruin your sleep and I'm kind of apologizing?" after I said that he just stared at me. After a few seconds he went back to his normal self. 'Oh' was what he said before my loud group of friends came to 'escort' us back.

"So you kids want to go alone?" my mom asked and we all nodded. So, we were gonna go into the forest that was 30 kilometer away from our cottage but our parents decided to go somewhere else. So, in the end we told them we wanted go alone.

Dad and Elias's parents agreed but mom didn't. Well, not yet. "Alright, just don't get hurt or cause trouble. It's directed towards all of you." my mom said and we all nodded in union. It was so unusual of my mother to agree to something without asking any further.

We took two cars. Mia,Duke and Jason in one; Elias, Jess, Ser and I in one. Elias's wanted to drive and Ser sat on the passenger seat. Okay, it's gonna sound childish but I wanted to sit there.

Jason and I had a good time in the backseat. We talked about a lot of stuffs we couldn't previously. It got all piled up. Ser was making small talks with Elias and he responded with small replies which kinda made Ser mad so, she shut up.

We reached the spot after a 15 minute ride. We left our car in front of the forest and started walking into the forest. "What if a creature comes out?" Jess asked and Jason rolled his eyes. "We're all some kind of creatures Jess. What kind of creatures you talking about?" he asked and now Jess rolled her eyes.

She told him to shut up and he did. We roamed around there for a while before fate somehow made a cliche turn. Elias and I got lost. Was this some kind of 90s romance movie? Fuck.

Oh well. Now I hope we don't end up in an embarrassing situation like the people in those movies do. And guess what? We did.

"Can you pull a little harder? Stop acting like I'm a fragile flower and I'll break if you do it any harder." I said and he rolled his eyes. "That just sounds so wrong." he said, causing me to groan. "Just shut up and pull harder."

As we were walking around the forest to find our way back, I just had to get my shoe—along with my leg of course, stuck in the mud. I tried to pull my leg from the mud but ended up dipping both of them and now Elias was helping me to get out.

"Your arm's probably broken. I put too much power. It won't come out." he said and I stared. "Are you suggesting I leave my leg here like this? What else do you think I should do? Build a family here and live happily ever after?" I questioned and he had the audacity to ask 'with who?'.

He let go of my arm and before I could ask why he did that he slipped his hand around my waist and used another hand to grab my arm. I stood there stunned. "After I say 1, we pull together okay?" I nodded.

"Alright. 3,2,..1!" as soon as he said 1 we both pulled. I could feel his grip on my arm and waist. Fucking hell, I needed to stop thinking. As we put more pressure to the 'pull out' he staggered and lost control. So, we both fell. In the mud. Now, drenched in it.

"Fuck Elias!" I yelled. "It wasn't my fault. The ground was slippery!" he defended himself and I grunted. But somehow my leg came upwards and it wasn't stuck anymore. Elias noticed it right after I did and gave me a glare before getting up and offering his hand to me.

"Get up kid." he said as I took his hand. "Thank you great-grandma." I said and he laughed. "So should we find our way back to them?" he asked and I laughed. "What else would we be doing? Making babies?" I questioned, definitely sarcastic but what he said was 'yes'.

"What? I wouldn't say no to such a tempting offer." he said and I scoffed. "Stop fooling around. They're probably dead worried." I said as I tried to hide my embarrassment but he unfortunately noticed.

He kept grinning the whole time while we were finding him. He teased me a lot too. Now, only if I knew he was such a confident little devil. "I had fun though." he suddenly said and I stopped to look at him. He stopped too.

"You're just, you know awesome." he said and now my embarrassment was out in the open. How did he just gave out compliments like this so usually. He noticed my embarrassment once again and smirked.

He started walking ahead of me and then turned back. "You planning to stay and build up a family with bears here or what?"

That stupid unfunny sentence was all it took for us to start cackling like crazy in the middle of a forest, drenched in nasty mud.

——

[i was just about to thank y'all for 100+ reads but then it turned to 300 and now within 2 days almost 1k??😭😭 omf thank u so much for all of this. y'all are absolutely the best<33]