16

Yeah, I know. I know I'm a bitch for thinking of ending it with Jess right after we started it. But I'm indecisive when it comes to situations like this. I can't help it.

I went back to where the group was after about 20 minutes. Guess what? I did tons of thinking and none of them were actually worth taking into consideration. I love to see drama. Like from that time when Milly got busted doing it with the grossest kid in school at the principal's office while she was out to see the fight Dickinson was having with Simon.

It was Duke who busted her and called everyone. Our principal also came to see what happened and Milly got suspended for a month. Worst thing parents were called and they had to hear every detail of her doing.

Now as much as I loved seeing drama everywhere around me, I most definitely didn't like it at all when it was about me. So, there was this one time when Jess and her ex boyfriend broke up and I just happen to be in that spot just right on time.

By 'right on time' I mean, right on that time Jess slipped and I caught her by slipping my arms around her shoulders and some kid took a picture of that exact moment and posted it on the school blog saying 'Daniel stole Mike's girl.' What a clown like thing to do.

Highschool kids love to see whatever's going on in everyone's life, theirs excluded of course. So, they passed around words and just like that there was this big misunderstanding to solve. In other words it was a stupid drama that included me.

Now if word gets around that Jess and I, the most anticipated couple of the year got together it'll definitely cause a ruckus. You know, highschool lifeless kids loves these kind of things. They just need a wave to keep their life afloat. Unfortunately, sometimes I'm one of them.

But that's where it ends. The ruckus. They'll forget all about it after like 2 weeks but if they get to know we faked it all the way. Lord, they're gonna make a cosmic deal out of it. Stupid lifeless highschool kids. I'm one of them. Except I have a very unpleasant home but we'll get to that later. Or maybe we will not but that's not important.

I like Elias. Now if he gets to know that I have a thing going on with Jess, I won't even get to like him in peace. I'll have to show off my attention towards Jess all the time. Downside of being an American highschool 'jock'. You gotta show it off with your girl. Very troublesome? Yes.

I think I complained a lot so, I'll stop. One more thing. This is our last day of vacation. I liked this cottage house a lot. Man it's too great of a bummer to leave but there's no point in whining. Going back to my same old life kind of disgusts me. It was so good here. Really good.

I looked at where our little group was and saw Jason waving at me. I waved back. As soon as I was close to them Jason pulled me into a hug. "Brooo." he dragged the 'o'. "I missed you." Jason said and pouted. I made a disgusted face and brushed his hand off which was somehow on my shoulder.

"What's wrong with him? Is he drunk?" I asked and Jason acted like he was shocked. "No, just in his 'brooo' mood." Mia said and shrugged. Not his 'brooo' mood, lord. It's basically Jason getting clingy with his homies and just particularly annoying them.

I left them there and was on my way back to our cottage house when Jess hugged me from behind.  "You still act so distant and indifferent from before." she said and pouted. Why is everyone pouting today?

"Jess this is all fake like, you know we're not for real. So, why try so hard?" I questioned and that seemed to disappoint Jess to the point where her face just darkened. She tried so hard to not show her disappointment but it just showed itself. "You're saying we don't tell people about it?" She asked. "No."

"Not even our friends? Danny that's too much." she said and I shrugged. "If it was for real I wouldn't even budge but this just seems wrong." I said and she got mad this time. "How so?" she asked. "I don't like you and it just feels wrong." I regretted those words right after they came out and wish I could take them back but it was too late.

"Fine but at least give me what I want when we're alone. Since you're doing me a favor do it right." she said and I regretted wanting those words back. She was definitely in a mood. A mood which was unlikable. I kind of pitied her before but now it's everything but that.

I quickly walked and caught up to her. She looked at me. "What?" she asked, rudely. "I don't wanna do this. I know it sounds childish because we just started it but it's gonna be unbearable if you keep acting this way." I said and her eyes seemed like they were gonna bulge out any moment now.

"Are you serious? Ugh. Just whatever, we're not ending it. I'll work harder to keep my play pretend go smoothly. Happy now?" she questioned and I stayed quiet.

I watched her quickly walk towards our cottage house and followed. No, I did not follow her but followed my way to the cottage house. This was the last day of our little vacation and I was not gonna waste it over some stupid decision I made.

And so, I distanced myself from everyone for the rest of the day. I was under that tree dozing off when my mother came and called me. "Daniel." she said. I jolted back to reality and opened my eyes. "Mom?" I called out. She looked down at me and sighed. "After going back, you need to go back to your regular schedule." she said and I scoffed. She got the 'signal'.

"So, we decided to add one more activity to your schedule." she said and I swiftly looked upwards to face her. "What do you mean?" I asked and she sighed, again. "Cram school."

And that was when I knew I wanted everyone, literally everyone to fuck off.