19

One of the chauffeur came and offered to park my car so, I let him. I walked towards Elias's house and rang the doorbell. I figured a maid or a worker would open the door but Elias was there himself.

"Hey." he greeted and I greeted back. He didn't invite me into the house instead said something else. "How about we go out to see a place?" he asked. "Alright but are we coming back?" I questioned and he shook his head, implying it's a yes.

"Hop in." he said gesturing at the passengers seat. I made myself comfortable and leaned a little backwards. "You seem tired." he commented. "Yes, we get it I look ugly right now. Don't worry I'm actually really hot." I said and he chuckled. "That sure is people approved." he said.

We decided not to play any songs and just sat their in silence. Talking in between the silence so it doesn't become awkward. To be honest, it wasn't really awkward with him anymore. I felt comfortable, don't know about him though.

"Now that's a neighborhood I haven't seen." I said and he gave me a quick side look and smiled. "I definitely brought you here to kill you." he said and I smiled. "I can see that."

He stopped the car before a nicely organized and sophisticated looking restaurant. It was so elegant looking. It gave off rich and expensive vibes. This is the kind of restaurant our old guys would call underrated gems. Actually, I would too. It was beautiful.

I've been to fancy restaurants but what made it special was when we went inside it. I thought it would be the same old fancy rich type of restaurant but I was so wrong.

When we went inside, it was warm. Everyone was talking. Not too loudly, not too quietly. It wasn't one of those boring stay-serious 24/7 fancy restaurant. It was kind of an energetic, cool-dad like rich restaurant. I know, that doesn't make sense. To me, it does though.

"Hey El!" a voice from behind us called and Elias quickly turned his head back. He must've been eager to see this person I haven't seen yet. I turned around and saw the chocolate boy. I swear I wasn't in one of those boring cliche movies a second ago.

"Hey Mark." he greeted and hugged him. That Mark looked really happy to hug him. I forgot that I hate people who are happy, unless it's me of course. And guess what? I'm barely happy.

Elias turned back and looked at me. "Mark this is Daniel. A..friend of mine." when Elias paused before saying friend, I swear I didn't feel any creatures in my stomach. I, of course had to play it cool. "Daniel Wilson." I said and shook hands with him. God, that was so old of me.

"Mark Regan." Oh, so his name isn't 'Markenstein' or something but is actually Mark. And here I thought they were both doing nicknames. I'm joking of course. Not that I care though. I most definitely do not.

"Oh, you two go grab that table." Mark said and pointed towards a 2 seat table across from another table which was just beside the window. At least he gave us a good table. "Your friend, I assume works here?" I asked and he nodded. "Yeah, he's my friend from childhood. He's American but he was mostly raised in Spain. It's surprising how it can't be told." As he went on about him the smile on his face grew wider. Friends huh.

"This place really stands out in a good way. How'd you find this?" I asked. "When I was about 15, I had this huge fight with my parents about not wanting to go for brunch with them because their partners in business were tagging along. They were annoying and snarky as hell. I hated them." he paused.

"So, I told them that I could go and find myself a better restaurant. They told me if I couldn't I had to go to every brunch with those annoying people. So, I roamed around since morning to afternoon for a better restaurant but couldn't find one. I was pretty exhausted and wanted to give this whole stupid thing up but I didn't wanna have brunch with those people so, I kept looking." he paused again.

"At last, I unconsciously came across this unknown neighborhood and figured I was lost. I looked to my sides and a restaurant which was very outstanding looking was about 350ish meters away from me. I went in that restaurant and tried their food. Let me tell you, I was surprised by the atmosphere but just taste their food, it is amazing." he finally finished and I didn't know I was smiling until the sides of my mouth started feeling weird.

"Well, let's see if you're exaggerating or not." I said as I picked up the menu. We ordered two braised short ribs and a creamy spinach stuffed salmon. We decided we would skip dinner and go heavy on lunch.

By the time our foods arrived we got to talk a lot. He told me he liked to break rules a lot more than he looks like and that he loves summer when it's not too hot. He also told me that he loved his Ragdoll a lot. I also told him some stuffs. How I liked summer too. Kind of a coincidence. Also that I like beef more than chicken. Weird information but worth it. And to end our talking after the food came, I ended it by giving a little detail about how it is with my family.

Okay, Elias didn't lie. The food was actually really good. Not something I haven't tried before but something I definitely haven't tasted before. The flavor was just delectable.

"That is probably the best food I've ever had." I said and he nodded. "I know right? This is just straight up amazing." he said and I nodded. "Alright we spent enough time here. Let's go back." he said and started walking. I followed him shortly.

"Hold up, I am paying." I said and he furrowed his eyebrows. "Hell no. I brought you here so, I'm paying." he said and I rolled my eyes. "That is the point, you brought me here. I'll pay." I said and he sighed. "Okay but can you get me a bottle of water first from that corner? They charge for it too." he said and I went back to the corners where water bottles were stuffed.

After I came back Elias was already walking out. 'Kind of weird' I thought to myself. "Here's my card." I gave it to the cashier and they turned it down. "Your date paid for both of you." the woman said and smiled a little. Date? Really? People assume that we can.. uh never mind.

"You told me you'd let me pay." I said and he grinned. "Not on my watch." he said. "We'll see next time." I said and he chuckled. Just as we were about to go, he stopped. "Can you sit here for a minute? I need to go and tell Mark I'm going." he said and I nodded.

I mean, he could do it over phone but whatever I guess. He came back within 5 minutes and started the car. He drove to his house and we got off. The chauffeur came to park his car and took it to the garage. "It was nice. That place seemed to be holding quite the fun memories. Thank you for taking me there." I said and he smiled.

"Next time let's do yours." he said and I nodded. Yeah, we could if I had one great place which holds great memory or whatsoever. He walked ahead of me leaving me a bit behind. Then he turned back to look at me. "Come on, we've got a whole day ahead of us."