24

It honestly felt so unreal. Whatever happened last week. With Elias. To make it work further I need to get rid of problems. By that I mean this whole dating thing with Jess.

As I was walking towards my locker, Jess was there standing, talking with some other girl who was probably also waiting for her boyfriend. Jess noticed me shortly then said something to the girl and she left. Jess was looking at me smiling excitedly. I smiled back.

When I was close enough she gave me a quick hug then kissed me. I acted how normally I would. I tucked her hair behind her ear and gave her a cheek kiss. She looked so satisfied. She then turned her heels and started walking forward. Soon gesturing me to follow her. So, I did.

She and I had maths together. We sat beside each other and 10 minutes into the class she tapped my shoulder. I looked at her and it seemed like she wanted to say something. I leaned down a little and she quickly checked if the teacher was looking or not then kissed me. What was she up to today?

I kissed her back and pushed her lightly. "We're in maths class. You know how Mr. Jones is." I said and she pouted. Maths class ended and we separated from each other. Next class is with Elias and I'm clueless about how to act.

When I reached the class, Elias was already there. Of course he is, he always is. I sat beside him then he looked at me and smiled, that for some reason also made me smile. "What?" I asked and he just shook his head. "You're aware that you're grinning like a quokka right?" I said and he nodded.

"You look good." he commented and I played it cool. Thank god I didn't act squirmy, it would've been so embarrassing. "I always do." I said and he smiled while nodding then turned his head to the front. I did the same. We didn't talk much during class but we exchanged gestures and stuffs.

5 minutes left till the class ends but due to some emergency situation the teacher had to leave. We exited the class then he and I walked towards the locker together as I had to get some stuffs. "Let me ask you something." I said and he replied with a 'Go ahead'. "Did you and Mark date before or something?" I asked and he slightly tilted his head, scrunched his brows and made a face that screamed confused.

"No, not really. What gave you that idea?" he asked and I just shrugged. "You two have good chemistry." I said, opening my locker and getting the stuffs out. I, then closed my locker and turned towards him again. "Well, I once had a threesome with his girlfriend. They both wanted me to ram each other while the other watched. Pretty weird stuff they're into." he said and woah. I've done threesomes myself but that wasn't a threesome, that was something else.

"Really weird but no judging here." I said and paused. "So, did you ram them?" I don't know where that came from but I asked. "Yes? Okay, what's up with these questions?" he asked and raised an eyebrow. "Nothing, I was just curious" I replied and he definitely didn't believe me nor did he question me further.

The bell rang and he started walking forward. Jess came from behind and tightly hugged me. I almost chocked. "Daniel!" she nearly yelled as she hugged me. Her excitement was too much today. She made me turn around and kissed me. I tried to push away not too obviously but she was way into it. We made out for a good 2 minutes. The others students were gathering so she broke the kiss off before they could see us and left after giving me a peck.

I turned back and saw Elias standing there. No way he saw all that. He stood there with a nonchalant poker face, staring right at me. "Let's go." he said and turned back. I could tell he was disappointed. If I was him, I'd be disappointed as fuck too.

I followed him then we separated for our next class. Classes went by slowly but it was finally lunch time. Duke and Jason befriended Elias and some of his friends so they sat with us in lunch. Well, not only Duke and Jason befriended him the whole school kind of did. I didn't understand why he'd choose to sit with us and not with the other popular jackass jocks. Well, we were better than them maybe that's why—was what I thought before. Now, I like to think differently.

We pretty much stayed quiet while lunch unless there was some hot topic flying around or some personal life drama. Yeah, we were like that. Normal teenagers. I leaned down a little on Jess's side then whispered, "Meet me by my locker within 5 minutes." I left as soon as I said that.

Within 5 minutes Jess was there standing. "What is it? Don't tell me you wanna.." she said and glanced down. "No, Jess." I replied and she rolled her eyes. "Okay, what then?" she said, acting impatient. "Let's not do this anymore." I said and she froze. "What are you talking about? Why?" she asked desperately. "I like someone else." I said and saw tears forming in her eyes.

"You'll be fine Jess." I said and she looked up angrily at me. "Like hell will I be." she said and started sobbing. "What did I do wrong?" she asked, sobbing. "It's not just you, me too. We did everything wrong. This was a bad idea." I said and she started sobbing harder.

"I-I can be better please. I don't wanna be left alone." she said and I put my hand on her cheek. "You're not gonna be left alone. We all will be here." I said and she got angry out of nowhere. "Fuck you, Daniel!" she said and ran out of there.

Lunch time was over by then and Jason, Duke, Mia walked over to me. "What the hell happened dude?" Duke asked. "Why was she crying?" Mia asked and I sighed. "It's a long story." I said. "Let's skip a class then." Jason proposed.

I explained everything. How Jess and I were fake dating and stuff. We managed to leave the school-public out of it. They asked why I did it if I didn't want to so, I had to tell them the truth. She forced me and I couldn't say no. Told them how she got mad too. "Hold up, I'm team you but why did you suddenly break up?" Mia asked and I smiled at the 'team you'.

"I like someone else." I thought they would be surprised and be asking hundreds of questions but instead they just did 'ohh's. I stared at them out of confusion but they just looked at each other and laughed. "What? You think you liking someone is news to us? We knew." Jason said and I mouthed a 'What?'

"Vega's quite a charming guy I'll say." Duke said and I scoffed. "How?" I asked, still processing. "The way you look at him and act around him just makes it too damn obvious. To us, at least." Mia said and shrugged.

I was still in awe."So you guys-" "Yes Dan, we knew." they all said in union.