The Dream

Part 2 of my past chapter "The Encounter". If you haven't seen it, go check it out! I'm really proud of that writing!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been years since Ruth's encounter with the alternate posing as Cesar. Ever since that day, Ruth's nightmares have been repeating that night over and over again. It was to a point where Ruth didn't believe that that event even happened. It was just a dream all along...

Ruth adjusted her black hoodie with the BPS logo on the back side, and leaned back into her chair. She was in her office with her two friends Adam and Jonah, who were also lounging around the office space in a daze.

"I had that nightmare again..." Ruth said with sigh. Adam perked up his head and turned to Ruth confused, "Again? What the heck is with you and this dream?" He said with his arms crossed. "Maybe you should get check out for that?" Jonah suggested. Ruth shook her head, "What are you? Stupid or just joking? Because I don't need any more rumors about me or...my mom again." Ruth snapped at Jonah. "You know what they say about me, or have you forgotten?" She said, glaring at him.

"Ok, ok...geez." he said with his hands up in the air. "Sorry...it's just, none of us need this attention. We're on the run, and you want me to see a professional now?!" Ruth explained while taking off her hoodie to reveal a striped t-shirt. "And can someone do something about the stupid AC already?!" She exclaimed angrily.

Adam pursed his lips together, "Ruth, calm down. We just think this dream could mean something." He shrugged. Ruth stared at the ground, "Like what exactly? Do you have an idea, or something?" She asked. "Maybe the dream wasn't a dream?" Jonah added into the convereation. Ruth looked up at Jonah, "You think it was real?" She asked. "It's a possibility..." he muttered.

"He's not wrong." Ruth mumbled. "It always feels so vivid and real...not like other dreams, but a-" Adam cuts her off, "A memory?" He asked. Ruth narrowed her eyes at him, "....Yeah. Exactly. Maybe I did encounter an alternate back then? How could I have survived though?" Ruth wondered. "How did the dream end?" Jonah asked. "I run away with blood on my arm. Not sure if it was mine or...his." Ruth replied.

"His?" Adam repeated. "It was a man I used to know...he hung out with my mom way back when." Ruth smiled faintly. "He was so nice to us. So caring. So was Mark. He was great too. So stoic...he was my hero." Ruth said sadly. "But this alternate took all three of them from me. It took my family away. No one cared for me after that, unless you count the crappy state home I stayed in." Ruth said gritting her teeth. "I'll kill that thing one day. Sooner than later I hope!" She vowed.

"Well...at least you got us? We're your family now, right?" Jonah asked with a curious look on his face. "Yeah...of course you both are. Why is that even a question to you?" Ruth said with a smile. Adam made a fake gagging noise, "Since when did this conversation become a sappy Hallmark movie?!" Adam said with a frown. "Awww is your fragile stubborn cool bad boy facade cracking? Poor baby! Want me to hold you as you cry about your mommy issues?" Ruth said half jokingly.

"What a family this is." Jonah muttered with his eyes wide. "I missed it whenever you were just the quiet new kid." Adam said as he rolled his eyes. "I don't." Ruth said with a smirk. "In fact, this is the happiest I've ever felt in my life!" Ruth admitted. "Yeah...the nightmare is a pain...it might even be true! However, I'm not alone like before. I got you guys." Ruth said patting both of their shoulders.

"God that was so cheesy..." Ruth said with a laugh. "Yeah, it was." Adam said with a smile. "It was nice, so who cares if it's cheesy, honestly." Jonah responded. "I love you guys. Don't leave me behind like others did." Ruth asked.

"We won't." They both said in unison

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I really like writing for this character, and I hope you enjoy Ruth and Naomi as much as I do. I hope you all enjoyed. And as always, have a great day my friends! <3