Chapter 38

Chapter 38: Participation Card

The registration channel for the Rising Stars Cup was opened and more and more players registered online. The official number of applicants soon exceeded 100,000.

The streamer Fred had signed up to participate so other streamers known for their ‘techniques’ had comments like this posted on Weibo. “Isn’t the streamer participating in the Rising Stars Cup?”

”Yes, it is a competition that is open to the whole country. This streamer should try it out. Maybe you can make it to the top 16.”

The technique streamers of the major platforms were miserable.

Should they register or not register?

If they didn’t register, the netizens would definitely say they didn’t have strength so they didn’t dare to go.

Yet once they signed up, it would be really shameful if they didn’t make it to the final round?

Usually when playing the rankings, they boasted very well. If they went to a big competition like this and lost, it would be too embarrassing.

Therefore, some people started making excuses. “I’m not going. I’m not interested in playing professionally.”

Another person said, “If you get first, second or third place, you have to enter the national team’s youth training camp. I don’t want to go to the youth training camp.”

This method of making excuses for not participating in the competition was ridiculed by netizens but everyone could understand it. After all, the most important thing in this Rising Stars Cup was the selection of youth trainees for the national team. Many streamers didn’t want to play professionally and this little bonus was a drop in the bucket for them. So if they didn’t participate, they didn’t participate. But…

Not long after Pei Feng registered for the competition, Lin Hai, the second most popular streamer of the Xing Network, also signed up.

Back when Fred was still with the Xing Network, all his data overwhelmed Lin Hai. Lin Hai was always second best, regardless of whether it was the popularity rankings or the gift rankings.

Now Fred had changed platforms and he was finally promoted to the throne of ‘first brother of the Xing Network’. The boss started to spend resources to promote him and advertise him everywhere. In the past few days, Lin Hai’s entire body had been refreshed and the number of live streams had increased wildly from noon to 3 p.m. This attracted a large number of fans who didn’t follow Fred after he left the Xing Network.

Many people joked, “Brother Hai, do you want to inherit Fred’s legacy?”

The two streamers always had the wrong relationship. It was difficult to say if Lin Hai deliberately signed up for the Rising Stars Cup in order to steal Fred’s limelight.

His live stream room even had the name: Live streaming the Rising Stars Cup.

The two big streamers of Xing Network and Little Bear TV participated in the competition so some small streamers signed up one after another.

In any case, they could just follow along. There was no need to pay to sign up. Regardless of whether they could get a good ranking or not, just live streaming the Rising Star Cup could attract a lot of popularity.

Jiang Shaoyu didn’t expect that Pei Feng would drive the influx of streamers. More and more game streamers became involved, whether it was signing up for the Rising Stars Cup or commenting on it from a bystander perspective. The popularity of the Rising Stars Cup reached its peak and almost all Gun King players knew about this event.