Chapter 54

Chapter 54: Inspecting the Clubs

Inspecting the clubs was the task that Jiang Shaoyu had set when he returned to China.

The selection of members for the fifth national team was a big problem. Apart from Liu Shaozhou, Ye Qingming, Lao Lin and Xiao Zhou, four old players with high popularity and a stable level, the remaining seven newcomers were almost all recommended by the clubs.

The Gourd Babies Squad led by Mo Hantian were full of those backed by wealthy masters.

Among them, Mo Hantian was last year’s Gun King’s image among and was packaged as the spokesperson of the national team. This young boy was really handsome. He dressed up like a star and went abroad to play badly. He wasn’t convinced and ran to the game to abuse the weak, only to be abused by Jiang Shaoyu.

It seemed he had learned to be obedient recently? He wasn’t playing any tricks.

Shi Xiaobin had a cute baby face and made a lot of money for the club by selling merchandise. It was just that he was timid and lacked courage in the game. His personality was too soft, like a shrunken bun.

Xia Li’s level fluctuated and she was very careless. Playing a game was like a gamble of fate and winning or losing depended on luck.

Lu Xingyun cared too much about his personal record. He liked to be in the limelight and to grab people’s heads. If he won then he was awesome. If he lost then his teammates were too weak. Jiang Shaoyu had long seen that this child had very high self-esteem, an impetuous mentality and many intentions. He wasn’t as forthright as Mo Hantian.

As for Tang Kai, all aspects were mediocre and it remained to be seen at present.

There were two medics, one called Zhang Yue and the other called Ming Xi. Both were medics with no sense of existence.

If they were the first to die then what was the use of a medic?

These people from the last season were all ‘to be determined’ in Jiang Shaoyu’s book.

People could make mistakes. They could be corrected and saved.

There was no team that never lost but they couldn’t make the same mistake twice. They couldn’t lose and allow their mentality to collapse, causing their team to lose all the time.

After Jiang Shaoyu returned to China, he taught them a hard lesson and asked them to write self-criticisms. Out of the papers that were handed in, some were more sincere than others. Some people might’ve seriously reviewed it while others were just putting on a show for him.

In any case, he had sounded the alarm bell once and given them a chance. It was up to them to see how they followed up on it.

He had assumed the position of head coach so the previous abnormal selection mode of ‘the club has a higher voice than the national team’ had to be completely changed! If the coaching team couldn’t even decide their own people then what about the formations and tactical layout?

Pei Feng heard his master say that he was going to do inspections and joked, “Master is like the great demon king going to patrol the mountains. These clubs are probably going to cry in fear.”

Yu Mingxiang smiled. “Then am I and Qin Bo the great demon king’s left and right guardians?”

Qin Bo pushed up his glasses. “Coach Jiang, which club do you want to inspect first? Do we notify them?”

Jiang Shaoyu calmly replied, “An advance notice is useless. If we say that the national team’s coaching staff will go to visit them in the next few days, they will definitely clean up the training room and the players will be sitting there and seriously practicing. they will put on a particularly positive attitude to show us. I don’t want this type of pretentious attitude. I want to see their daily training, which can truly reflect the attitude and level of the players.”