chapter 22

Just a heads up, before hating Damon wait till the end to hate him....😬

Only 10 minutes later did Alesandro and Dante come into the kitchen.
Matteo had already finished his breakfast so he was just on his phone.

Lexi, the attention seeking bitch decided to get attention by pretending she was struggling to eat.
(Not me hating on my own character)

"It's rude to play with your food" Damon said not even looking up from the newspaper he was reading.
Now he wouldn't have been so harsh but he knew she didn't have a eating disorder and she wasn't ill, so he didn't speak with any emotion.

Lexi didn't like how he didn't even look up. She rolled her eyes thinking he couldn't see but not even seconds later he shut his paper and looked her dead in the eye "I suggest you apologize and get eating" he warned in a deadly calm voice.
"Sorry" she whispered and began eating.

Now Emilia who had witnessed this action shivered slightly, she was getting full herself but clearly Damon didn't want Lexi messing about so she figured he wouldn't want her doing the same.
         (Table layout beneath)

         Alesandro
                 |
Lexi -                - Dante
Mason.-            - Matteo 
Emilia.-             - Damon

"So anyway Emilia is on sick leave for a few days" Alesandro started trying to ease the tention in the room.

"Ooo can I go on sick leave too" Matteo asked as he picked up another slice of toast.

"Are you sick" Alesandro asked knowing he wasn't.

Matteo coughed "I think I am"

Dante snickered at his attempt but said nothing.

"Everyone will be going to school" Alesandro declared.

Damon noticed Emilia was struggling to eat, he looked carefully and realized she was probably forcing herself to eat after what he told Lexi. "If you are full Emilia don't eat" he told her.

"I'll eat it" Matteo exclaimed.

Lexi didn't like how Damon allowed Em not to eat but Lexi had too. Granted she was putting on a show.
She didn't like how Dante was still about either it was too risky.

"I don't see why he is still here, he hurt my twin sister and yet you all forgive him" Lexi stated.

"He is still our brother" Matteo shrugged. He knew the severity of what happened but he wasn't too into it as all was fixed now.

Emilia couldn't help but glare at her sister. She grabbed her notebook and quickly wrote
He didn't do it!!

"Now Emilia, the stuff was found in his room,  after all the vile things he said you need to face the facts, he was nice to you so he could do it, he doesn't care"

"Damon" Alesandro exclaimed, he wasn't happy with his son at all.

Emilia had tears running down her face hearing him speak. Dante couldn't even meet her eyes, he was hurt by his brothers words. Matteo and Mason looked in shock and Lexi hid her smirk. She thought everything was going to plan.
"I mean look, he can't even look you in the eyes, he's..."

Damon never finished that sentance.

Everyone stared at Emilia in shock.

She had just slapped Damon. His words had been cruel and she couldn't let him insult Dante like that, she acted before thinking.

Damon was in shock. Eventually he recovered. Had she really just done that.

Dante was the first to pull Emilia away, he knew how angry Damon could get.