chapter 47

Emilia looked around in confusion.

"Emilia do you remember who we are, who you are"

Emilia didn't say anything, She didn't nod or shake her head. She just looked at her arm, hooked up to a machine, then she looked at the machine.

Alesandro and Damon shared a look of concern.

"Mason go tell the doctors she's awake, Dante, Matteo, Lexi go wait in the waiting room" Alessandro told his children.
"But" Dante and Matteo tried simultaneously.
"I'm her twin, I should stay" Lexi said.
"Enough, and go wait outside" he told the three.

The three of them reluctantly left.
Mason was quick to get a doctor and he came back with one within seconds. Alesandro and Damon figured the doctor had been walking past or even on his way here.

"Ah miss Russo, you're finally awake, you took a nasty fall. Do you remember anything about the incident" the doctor said.

Emilia continued to stare at the floor.

"Do you remember anything, perhaps who these three men are" the doctor tried.

Still nothing.

"I know it's confusing but can you nod or shake your head please" the doctor tried.

"Emilia you need to anwser the doctor, it's just a few yes or no questions" Alesandro tried.

Still nothing.

The doctor took notes on this and her behaviour "miss Russo can I at least ask you to look up" the doctor tried.

Still nothing.

"Do you think she can hear us" Mason asked the question on everyone's mind.

"No she can hear" Damon said. He had plenty of experience with deaf people as he often made them deaf.

"Can I talk to her alone" Damon asked.

Knowing how close they were, Alesandro and Mason agreed, The doctor who was getting no where left too.

"Ok Emilia it's just us now, you don't have to speak or write, you don't even have to look at me but can you anwser these questions, all you need to do is nod or shake your head "

No response.

Damon decided to take a different approach.
"Okay how about we both sit in silence, I need to order some stalking equipment anyway " it was a joke, he already had surveillance equipment from mafia stuff.

"Of course I'm going to need to buy a drone so it can follow you around when I can't " he added.

He didn't even get a smile which concerned him.

Maybe she had forgotten. If that was the case he probably sounded creepy as fuck right now.

"Ok one question, do you remember us"

To Damon's suprise she responded, she didn't look up or speak, she just nodded.

"Oh thank god for a moment I thought I probably sound like a creep" he said dramatically.

"Mind you, I think your friends will start to refer to me as your creepy older brother, I'm going to have to start lurking in the shadows watching you" he joked, purposely making it sound really bad in hopes she would insult him like she normally would.

"Do you remember your friends too" he asked.

She nodded.

"Do you remember how you got here"

Emilia thought about it but her mind was blank she remembered pain and then she must have fell.

She shook her head.