chapter 52

Ok so there's quite a bit going on in this chapter and it's extra long.

Don't hate the granddad too much, he's much nicer after the introductions and this chapter.

After finding out her grandparents were visiting, she was nervous and then they finally got home and he asked if she was okay, she had nodded, not feeling comfortable talking. He had them asked if she wanted to be alone or have some company. She chose alone.

So that led her to panicking in her room. All the things that could go wrong probably will go wrong. Would they even like her? What were they like? Would they hurt her?

A knock at her door stopped her spiralling further.

She opened it and saw a concerned mason.
"Hi I just came to check on you, may I come in"
Emilia slowly nodded.

"Dad said you seemed a little nervous when you found out is that still the case" mason said.

Emilia nodded.

"Oh don't worry about it, want me to tell you about them"

Emilia nodded.

"They are both great people, they travel alot so we don't see much of them. Our grandmother is an amazing cook, she taught dad to cook so her food is even better than dad's, She's the sweetest woman ever. Our grandfather isn't as sweet though, he's great but he's very very strict"  mason explained, he Sawa look of fear "he's strict but he's harmless,don't worry about it"

It didn't help

"I'm sorry Emilia, I really didn't mean to make you so sorry, it's just that's who he is but he wouldn't do anything. God I fucked up again" he muttered the last part to himself.

"Look I know we arent that close and that's my fault but maybe we could change that"  mason said.

(Mason isnt close because realistically at his age its rare to want to hang out with his little sister)

Emilia just nodded

"That's great, come on Lia, let's go downstairs, they will be here soon"

When they went downstairs, Damon was there talking to Alesandro.
Emilia had no idea what they were saying but they didn't look happy.

Noticing Emilia's fear, Mason who could just about hear decided to translate "they just talking about school and the boys"
Mason kept it vague because in reality, Damon was telling his father about Matteo's lack of eating. And Alesandro who had already noticed he was distant and barely ate was even more concerned. 
Mason knew he hadn't been eating as much but didn't think it was serious. He would have to talk to Matteo later.

They didn't notice Emilia and Mason because they were on the stairs still however they quickly shut up when the door opened and in walked Lexi and Matteo home from school.

"Go get yourselves ready, your grandparents will be here soon" Alesandro said.

"Sure, Dante might be a while"

"Why" Damon asked.

"He took a longer route but unfortunately it also meant getting stuck in traffic"

"Ok just go get ready" Alesandro replied.

Mason took this as the moment to start heading down again, so Emilia followed.

Damon and Alesandros attention went straight to them both.

"Are we sure this is a good idea" Damon asked.

"She said she was okay with it, if it turns out you feel uncomfortable at any point Emilia, please let us know and we will sort it" Alesandro said.