4 Surprise

Tessa

It was a Saturday night like many others, for me all the same now, since my life was turned upside down, but this new beginning was what I needed.
I did not know anyone and I was suspicious, I had decided that it would be better to close in on myself rather than approach someone and suffer.
In the last two days, however, I had noticed that boy Hero , my counter neighbor, lived in a beautiful Loft that overlooked right next to my house.  He seemed like a nice guy and very calm as well as beautiful, well that was undeniable, but I didn't have to be influenced, even Erik seemed calm and kind and then he turned out to be a monster, however let it be, my brain always thinks too much.

Like every Saturday evening I was on my terrace relaxing until I saw Hero watching me from his balcony and then I saw him come back into the house, I continued reading my favorite novel, Wuthering Heights, until I heard the doorbell ring .
"How strange" I said thinking about who it might be at 10 pm, I didn't know anyone and didn't expect anyone, I almost got scared, I checked the peephole and I was petrified:
« Oh my God, what's he doing here?»
I said in a low voice, speaking with  I don't know who, after a while it rang and I didn't know what to do, he knew I was at home, he had seen me so it couldn't be otherwise, I didn't had time to get ready and go out so I decided that the only thing to do was to open it.
I lightly tidied myself up, slipped on my oversized red sweatshirt, put my hair in a messy bun and opened it.
«Ehm , Hi  » I said in total embarrassment
« Hi, I'm Hero, your neighbor, sorry if I disturb you but I noticed that you lived here by pure chance, I saw you from my balcony, and seeing you alone I thought about passing by, you know we are classmates, but we didn't speak to each other » Hero said, all red in the face, he looked very cute, embarrassed and even a little scared I dare say.
At that point the only solution was to let him in, he had noticed me and had committed to come to my house on a Saturday night I could not kick him out.
« Yes, of course Hero, I recognized you, please Tessa, please have a seat.»
As he entered the house I saw his inquiring gaze, observing my house, so I invited him to go out on the terrace;
«You're welcome Hero, come on, let's go sit on my terrace, we'll be better off, would you like something to drink?  »
«Thanks, some water will be fine»
As he sat in the armchair I took the water and realized how uncomfortable he seemed as if he didn't even know why he had decided to come.
« Here is the water »
After a few minutes of awkward silence, he decided to speak ..
«You know when I saw you on the terrace I was surprised, I didn't know you lived here, I'd never seen you»
«Yes, I've only been living here for a short time, I moved from England a few days before starting school»
«How come ?  What if I'm not indiscreet?  »
I began to feel suffocated, he wanted to know too much and I didn't want him to know anything about me .. but he noticed my hesitation .. «Listen, there's no problem, mine was a curiosity ». To change the subject, I decided to ask the first thing that came to mind
«Why are you at home and not out with your friends? »
« Well my friends and my girlfriend were going to a party today and well I don't particularly love them »
« Oh you have a girlfriend » what was meant to be a thought from my mind came out of my mouth, usual ugly figures
« Hahah yes yes there is no problem with the question, Ariel is my girlfriend we have been together for a couple of years » at one point he observed the time only 30 minutes had passed but decided that maybe it was better to go :
« Well, Tessa, it's the case that I go and don't bother you, in any case you could really spend lunch with us, we are all very calm, there is no need for you to run away like the other time, the others were scared » .
It was after those words that a rage broke out in me and I screamed at him:
« Listen, you don't know anything, you come here on a Saturday night and you take the liberty of stressing the fact that I ran away, almost as if I were crazy, you don't know anything about me, go away » .
I saw his shocked face, he stood with his mouth open and almost without saying a word he opened the door and walked away, slamming the door.
I felt dying, I collapsed with my back leaning against the door crying  , I felt lost again, he had tried to invade my space, to emphasise the way I had fled, but he knew nothing, absolutely nothing.

Author: Hello everyone, how are you, I hope you like the story, comment if you like, I want to know what you think .. why did Tessa have reacted like this?  🧸