8 Afternoons Together

Tessa

It had been a pretty relaxing Saturday morning, I had slept until 11 as we had no school which I loved, I had watched the TV and made myself lunch, then in the afternoon I had decided to take a walk and on my way home I had met Hero, when he called me initially I was scared and after we apologized to each other for the events of the previous days he invited me to have dinner at his house, at first I was a bit doubtful but then I accepted, it was true that I did not I wanted to connect with anyone for what I had been through but I was starting to feel lonely, and Hero seemed like a sweet guy despite judging me, but I understand that I could seem strange.
We hadn't talked much about him as we headed towards the attic, but it hadn't been a strange silence, it had been comfortable. As soon as we got in front of his door he opened and let me in first, I was simply speechless.
His attic was gorgeous, of course I couldn't complain about my house which was very nice and comfortable, but his house was gorgeous. As soon as we passed the entrance, I found myself in front of a huge hall, the predominant color was white, the marble floors the sofas at the foot of which there was a soft cream-colored carpet and a glass table with flowers. But the thing that struck me most was a huge and beautiful library, completely filled with books. I loved reading and it felt like heaven. There was also a small wooden ladder to take the books that were higher up. The whole was surrounded by a large window that had a wonderful view of New York, and then a small sliding door that I imagine led to the terrace.
I hadn't even realized that Hero had disappeared to put the bags in the kitchen.
When he returned he found me still standing admiring that beautiful room.

Hero: «Tessa, all right? Do you like my house? "
Tessa: "Sorry Hero, your house is just really beautiful, I have no words"
Hero: "I'm glad you like it, if you want I'll show you the rest of the house"
Tessa: "Sure, I'm looking forward to it"

He showed me the kitchen, an open space that overlooked another sitting room, a bathroom that was gigantic and then there were stairs leading to the upper floor.
There were his room, which he did not let me in, perhaps being engaged he did not consider it appropriate, and 3 other rooms plus a huge bathroom complete with a whirlpool tub. That house seemed like a dream. Finally I show myself the terrace which was gorgeous, it also had a swimming pool, a giant TV with sofas, it was just a dream.
At one point he told me to sit on the terrace where I preferred that he would prepare something for an aperitif. While I continued to admire that splendid house and life he returned.

Hero: «Hey Tessa, is everything okay? You are very quiet, I know we don't know each other well but tonight we can at least start getting to know each other »

Tessa: «No no, quiet Hero, I was just admiring all this, your house has left me speechless, that is, my house is very nice, but this is wonderful»

Hero: «Ahaha, yes my mother is a designer and she has a company with my father who is an architect so it was all very simple»

Tessa: «wow, you are really lucky then. Do your parents live with you? Will they be back soon? »

Hero: «Don't worry, Tessa won't come back, now I live here practically alone, they preferred to take a Loft closer to the company and I come here only to visit me every now and then and to leave my brother here»

Tessa: «Oh how nice, you also have a brother, you're really lucky"
Hero: «You are 5 years old and it's wonderful, do you live with your parents? »

At that moment I became gloomy it was difficult to tell someone that in reality I was practically an orphan.

Tessa: «Relatively my mother died when I was born and my father, well he left me at the age of 10» I couldn't hold back the tear that fell hot on my face, and I noticed how Hero gasped and he frowned, perhaps he did not expect all this.

Hero: «Sorry I didn't know, I'm really sorry Tessa» he stretched his thumb to wipe my tears, and I don't know the way she looks at me and the sweetness of that gesture warmed my heart. For the first time in a while I felt understood again, but I didn't want to take yet another blow so I would have been careful, I still didn't know him well.
Hero at the end I try to break that moment of embarrassment and proposed to me to start preparing dinner.

Author: Sorry for the absence but I left for the holidays 🥰 here is a new chapter, let me know what you think

Author: Sorry for the absence but I left for the holidays 🥰 here is a new chapter, let me know what you think.  See you soon