TWO - DRESSES, SANDWICHES, & SHOES

chapter two

dresses, sandwiches, and shoes

     THEY SET OFF TOWARD THE MALL as soon as belly came down the stairs, the twins walked a few blocks to the mall

THEY SET OFF TOWARD THE MALL as soon as belly came down the stairs, the twins walked a few blocks to the mall. nora smiled while walking into the mall, she loved to spend money. nora always had money, her biggest dream was to be rich, but she always worried when her mother or susannah bought her anything. she was worried they wouldn't be able to afford the bills next month. while they never happened, she still worried. eleanor worked as a babysitter for a wealthy family across the street from her house, they payed good, and she invested into her future. she also took college classes in american literature, pyschology, and history, along with ap classes in mostly everything else. besides math, nora hated math. she also helped everyone with anything they evert needed help with. shes thought about college, and she wanted to be a criminal psychologist, and maybe write books about cases she dealt with. or maybe own a self defense business. as you can tell, eleanor was the ambitionous child, along with the smart one. she had herself figured out, she knew who she was, where she came from, and who she wanted to be, unlike her twin sister. nora loved her sister, but belly was naive, and stupid, and immature, while nora matured when she got her first period at nine, and saw how slim money was, how cruel the world was, and that the world was always against women.

the mall wasn't ginormous, but it had everything she needed. eleanor was just as picky with clothes as she was with food, but she got by. belly waved, and nora walked faster to catch up with her.

"where to, nora?" isabel asked, looking at her sister.

"i don't care, anywhere.." nora mumbled, looking anywhere but belly's eyes. belly looked up at the taller girl, who was 5'7, which was a good few inches taller than belly.

"ok, ok, whats wrong?" belly said, meeting her sisters eyes. when confusion flooded noras sark brown eyes, belly continued, "cut the sauce, whats wrong?"

"lets get food first." eleanor, being very, very, wise no one argued. the twins walked over to the chick-fil-a and they both ordered, hence there being no line. belly orded twelve nuggets with a lemonade, and nora ordered a chicken sandwich with only pickles and a large chocolate milkshake. belly grabbed the number, and eleanor led them to a booth, where they each slid in on oppisite sides. soon enough, their food was brought to the table. belly nodded to nora, in a manner of, "tell me what happened right how or i'll crush your kneecaps."

"fine. first, jeremiah fisher called me, and he was being a prick, as always," she said, taking a break to take a bite out her her sandwich. belly nodded, sipping on her drink.

"he was going on all about how much i missed him, like the audacity. he probably can't breathe without me," she said, annoyance in her voice.

"the audacity!" belly teased, rolling her eyes playfully.

"then i hung up, finished getting ready and nat texted me she can't come over tonight. she didn't even tell me why. i really, really wanted her to come. shes been really disant lately and i don't know why. she's my best friend and it seems like she doesn't want to hang out anymore." nora finished. she acted okay about nat, but little did anyone know, it gave her alot of anxiety.

"listen nora, don't bother worrying about it, once we get to cousins tommorrow, you'll forget all about it. plus you can hang out with me and taylor tommorrow," belly smiled, her pretty smile, the one nora always wished she had. boys always go for her, she's pretty and skinny and perfect. nora was okay with that though, she was smart and some boys liked her, she was nice enough and kind of pretty. nora had a boyfriend, miles, and they has been dating since the beginning of sophmore year, so about nine, ten months.

by then, they were done eating, so they threw away their trash, and went to walk around some shops. we went into hollister, forever 21, american eagle, and a few otther places. after about an hour and a half, they headed out with a few new outfits for the beach that they call home.