FIFTEEN- HEARTBREAK X13

chapter fifteen

heartbreak x13

-summer nights

(this is why we can't have nice things- taylor swift)

A FEW DAYS LATER, NORA WAS STILL HEARTBROKEN, but, taylor was flying in today. all three teenage girls were ecstatic. it was something to get nora's mind of the breakup.

   she texted him back, saying "ok. best of luck" and he responded with a thumbs up. she didn't even really know what she felt, but her best friend, nat wouldn't even respond to her. belly insisted that she didn't need nat, and that all she needed was right there with her, in cousins.

   laurel drove belly and nora to the airport, nora was wearing a comfortable outfit, they were lucky to get her out of her pjs.she was wearing a light pink scuba sweatshirt and black hottie hots. nora sat in the front seat, scrolling through instagram while her mom and sister talked about what they were gonna do when taylor got there.

    "belly! nora!" taylor screamed, dropping her bags and running to the two girls, they all had a group hug before walking back to the car.

    "i've missed you," nora said, looking back at taylor.

   "i've missed you more." no one in the car wanted to mention miles, nora wasn't over him, she wasn't even sure she had processed what happened. when they got home, taylor talked to both jere and conrad, before all three girls went upstairs to unpack taylor. nora sat on the bed, belly sat in the desk chair and taylor was walking around the room, unpacking her clothes.

   "nora. i hate to address the elephant in the room, but how are you?" taylor said, throwing a pink pair of shorts into her drawer.

   "i'm... hanging in there i guess. just shocked, and hurt." she mumbled, braiding a small portion of her hair.

   "well.... to cheer you up, i think we should all go to a party tonight!" taylor said. nora shook her head, but taylor continued.

   "jeremiah will come." that was it for nora, if he was going she probably would do.

    so, for the first time in a week, nora got ready. she put on makeup and curled her hair, it felt nice. she put on a white ruffle sleeved cotton top from astrid and black ripped jeans shorts. she wore her blazers, and put on her favorite bracelet, it was a white van cleef, susannah had gotten it for her for her birthday last year. she loved it.

   "are you almost ready?" jeremiah said, knocking on the girls door, he walked in and jumped on her bed, watching the girl lace on her shoes.

"yeah. i'm not really excited though."

"cmon, it'll be fun." he said, grabbing at the girls hands before leading her out of the room and down the stairs. they waited there, until steven, taylor, and belly came down. conrad was late, he took way to long to get ready. they decided to take the jeep, but there was only 5 seats, so, the other three decided it would be funny to make nora sit on jeremiah's lap.

the car ride there was silent, buy U a drank playing at 6 volume. nora sat on the boys lap, both of them adjusting every few minutes. the entire car was holding back laughter at the discomfort.