THIRTEEN- WAKE UP, NORA.

chapter thirteen

wake up, nora

-summer nights

that way- tate mcrae

THE NEXT MORNING, NORA WOKE UP WITH A HEADACHE, she grumbled before throwing the sheets off of herself and stumbling out of her room. she held on to the railing for dear life.

"woah, ellie, you feel okay?" jeremiah said, he was leaning against the island.

"tylenol." she said, sitting on her usual store. he turned around and reached into the medicine cabinet. he shook the bottle, pouring two into his hand. he grabbed a glass and went to the fridge, getting ice and pouring water into the glass. he handed it to the girl and she gulped it down.

"ellie?" eleanor asked.

"like the new nickname? " jeremiah teased.

"don't call me ellie, i sound like a little kid."

"i'm calling you this forever."

"fuck you."

"i know you want to." nora gagged.

"guys. please stop. " steven said from the living room. connie and him were playing mario cart.

"can i play?" jeremiah and nora said at the same time. they looked at eachother before sprinted into the living room, pushing eachother.

"yes god we have two controllers. y'all will take any excuse to touch eachother," conrad mumbled. both jere and nora just stared at him. he raised his eyebrows and handed both of the controls to the others. they both sat down, jere on the couch and nora on the ground.

"fishers vs conklins?" jeremiah asked, steven groaned and conrad did a thumbs up. as they played, nora somehow basically teleported, inbetween jeremiah's legs, leaning against them.

"nora, ohmygod," steven groaned, she got 12th place.

"you're playing against literally bots?!?" he complained.

"hey! i hate rainbow road!" she said, frowning. a few rounds later, she got a message from nicole.

hey girl! do you wanna come
shopping and grab food with
me and shayla? i'm driving.

yeah! i have to get ready, but i'll
be done in like 30.

kk, see you soon.

"nora, bro. put the damn phone down im carrying so hard." steven said, not looking away from the screen.

"shut the hell up. this is last round anyways. i have to go" she mumbled, picking the controller up.

"what do you have to do?" jeremiah said, looking down at the girl.

"shayla and nicole," she said, steven grunted and conrad squinted his eyes.

"since when are you all friends? what about belly?" steven continued.

"uh.. where even is belly?" she said.