TWELVE- A NOT SO FUN DATE.

authors note- i've decided to put songs at the beginning that remind me of this chapter/ to listen to while reading!!

—————————————

chapter twelve

a not so fun date

-summer dress

  (i can see you (taylors version)
- taylor swift)

LATER THAT NIGHT, after nora had already taken her nap and changed into more comfortable clothes, a sonic pink lululemon swiftly and some aviator nation sweatpants with four striped, pink, orange, yellow, and a lighter pink down the right leg. she sat at the island criss-cross on a chair. she was scrolling through instagram, looking at some of jeremiah's recent posts.

"oh my! belly you look amazing!" susannah said. nora looked up from her phone and saw brlly standing at the bottom of the stairs.

"i cant believe crop tops are back in style," laurel said, "you look great, bels."

"yeah belly, you look really cute," nora asked.

"laur, remember that baby tee i thought i was such hot shit in freshman year?" susannah asked, both laur and her laughed.

"have fun tonight," nora said.

"belly, are you not going with us?" laurel asked.

"belly didn't tell you? she has a date," susannah said.

"sorry mom,"

"his name is cam, his mom works at the club," nora said, smiling at belly.

"really nice boy, very smart," susannah said.

"like havard smart," belly said.

"it's fine. of course you can go, i've dragged you to way too many of these book parties. do you still wanna come, eleanor?" her mom said, looking at the younger twin.

"yeah, of course," she replied.

"have great date," susannah said.

"do we need to talk about consent before you go?" laurel asked.

"mom," belly mumbled.

"sorry, have fun," laurel laughed as belly walked into the living room where steven, conrad, and jere were playing a video game.

"i kinda wish i wasn't going to this party too," laurel said.

"cmon mom!" nora said, hugging her mom.

"yeah, you'll get inspired again, i just know it," beck encouraged.

"maybe i don't have anymore books in me,"

"don't say that! you have more books to write, i can tell!" nora said.

"you haven't done anything since the divorce."