EIGHT - BONFIRE

chapter eight

                            bonfire

                               -summer house

    JERE, STEVEN, and NORA walked out of the house onto the deck, and saw conrad and belly there

JERE, STEVEN, and NORA walked out of the house onto the deck, and saw conrad and belly there. belly was swimming around and conrad sat with his feet in the water, cigar in hand.

"alright, we are totally taking my car," jeremiah laughed. the two boys cintinued to giggled.

"come on man, we are leaving. you ready?" jere asked, looking at conrad.

"can i come too?" belly asked. eleanor already knew the answer.

"uh no," steven sassed.

"the moms are getting everything set up for your movie night," miah asked, trying to cheer belly up.

"you know what, i think i'll stay home today, not feeling up to it," nora said, winking at belly.

"fine by me," jeremiah said. soon enough the boys were on their way to the party and belly had exited the pool.

"why aren't you going?" belly asked, wrapping a towel around her body.

"oh, who said we weren't?" eleanor laughed. she walked inside, belly following.

"get changed. i'll be up in around 30 minutes," nora whispered.

"hey belly! oh, el, what are you doing here? i thought you were going to the bonfire with the boys?" susannah asked.

"i'm not feeling great, i thought i'd watch a bit of the movie and head up to bed," nora said.

"oh alright," ma said.

"uh, you know what, i'm actually kind of tired, i think i'll skip the movie night and head up to bed," belly shrugged, pointing with her thumb up the stairs.

"ok hon, yeah sure, we can do the brownies another night," susannah said.

"come on, girls," ma said, and the other two followed her into the living room. nora sat in the middle, with both of the womens heads resting on her shoulders. she wasn't really paying attention to the movie, but she loved her moms. thats what both of them were. her moms. she was suprised when she found out they weren't raging lesbians, even though she's still conviced something happened between them in their early twenties. after around thirty minutes nora decided belly ws most likely finished getting ready.

"uh, i think i'm going to head up, get changed. i love you both, a lot."

"i love you more, el," susannah kissed her cheek.

"yeah, hell yeah we do," ma laughed, hugging her daughters side. eleanor leaned into them, smiling.

"goodnight, moms," nora said, getting up from the spot on the couch. they mumbled goodnight back, and fell on top of eachother. all three girls loved to snuggle, not belly as much, but you could find laur, san, and nora all cuddled up at any given moment. as she walked up the stairs she could hear them laughing about how nora was their daughter, it wasn't like that for steven or belly, they were close enough to their father, but nora hated him. it was beck and laurel who raised her, that was all.