Farewell

It didn't take long for the missiles and bullets to start hurling towards us, the KSI prototypes soon closing in on us. Cade and the others looked around anxiously before making their way to Optimus, who used his shield to protect them. I on the other hand, hid not too far away behind a block of concrete.

"Quickly! I'm setting off Lockdown's grenade!" He yelled as he scooped the three humans up, "hold on tight! Ashley let's get outta here!" The Autobot called

"I'm taking Arya! We'll follow you!" I said just as the galactic kitsune-like creature trotted to my aid and nudged me.

I saw Optimus nod and set the grenade off before quickly taking off. I hopped onto Arya and clutched her neck tightly as she flew behind him. Bee and Side quickly fled the scene in their car forms as well. It seemed that Bee had freed Side from the rubble. I looked down just as the grenade went off and pulverized the robots.

My heart skipped a beat however, as I noticed Galvatron missing. I gulped down a lump in my throat and attempted to locate him in the city as we flew above it, but he seemed to have vanished. This could not be good.

"Shouldn't we look for Galvatron?!" I called out to Optimus through the communicator in my ear

"Our priority right now is to put the humans to safety," said Optimus.

"But-"

"Ashley, trust in the boss, he knows what he's doing," Side chimed in, making me sigh.

"Fine..." I said, but still, I couldn't help but feel anxious. That monster was still out there.

It didn't take long for us to reach a Japanese base on the outskirts of the city. Optimus was the first to land, with me and Arya following close behind. Rory had already arrived with the puppy and Raptor, Razor looking better than before and limping towards me. I chuckled and hugged him after he lightly nudged me.

"Seems you're already better fella," I smiled as the puppy ran in circles around my feet, making the Raptor growl in annoyance before turning his attention back to me. I chuckle softly as Rory and Arya nuzzled me as well.

Not too far away from us the trio of imbeciles that got stuck in this adventure on accident hugged each other and had a quick talk with bald idiot, just as Bee, Side, Ratch, and the others drove in. The DinoBots on their gigantic bipedal forms also made themselves present, bowing respectfully at Optimus.

"Brave warriors...you are free!" Optimus declared, the leader of the group roaring victoriously as they all transformed back into their dino forms. The Spino, Trike and Pteranodon soon started leaving, but the T-Rex turned to face Razorclaw and huffed, stomping his foot. 

I looked at the smaller Dino, who glanced back to me and then at their leader. He gurgled and shook his head, taking a step back to stand beside me. He screeched and tapped his Raptor claw on the ground, bowing his head in respect before looking back at me. I was confused, was he choosing me over his leader?

That was apparently what was going on, for the Rex merely nodded and gave one last thundering roar before turning and running after the others.

I stood there watching them leave before I was pulled out of my initial shock by Razor chirping and nudging my hand. I smiled and patted his back as he nuzzled me. Rory and Arya sat down and chirped and huffed at me to catch my attention. I looked at them and smiled.

"Thank you two, I'd be dead if it weren't for you," I said, hugging them both.

"Ash," Side called as he motioned me to come over. The Autobots had gathered in a circle around Optimus and the humans, and it seemed Optimus was about to speak. I picked up the now tired puppy and walked over with Razor trailing behind.

"This Seed belongs to our creators," Optimus said, "whoever they are. There remains a price on my head, I endanger you all if I stay."

I did not like how this sounded.

"I shall take the Seed where it can never be found"

"Will we ever see you again?" Cade stepped forward, taking the words out of my mouth.

"Cade Yeager, I do not know." Optimus said grimly. A lump formed in my throat and a chill ran down my spine.

"But...whenever you look to the stars, think of one of them as my soul," He said, with such calmness in his voice it sounded almost reassuring, as if it...wasn't a goodbye, as if we'd actually see him again, it made some hope light up in my eyes.

He then turned to face me, and I'll admit I was surprised as he took out his sword.

"Ashley, step forward please"

I glanced at the others, then at Razor, and finally at the puppy, whom I placed down next to Razor before walking towards Optimus, looking up at my oldest friend with a mix of emotions. What was happening? What did he want from me? Was he mad because I didn't follow orders? My mind was swirling with different emotions and thoughts.

"Ashley Cruz, you've been a great friend to us since we came to Earth, and have always helped us without asking for anything in exchange. Your loyalty is only matched by your courage and selflessness, which has helped and saved us in countless occasions. You've fought bravely for and with us when we needed you. You've been a faithful follower of our cause since the first day, defending the Earth against the Decepticons without any hesitation. When the world lost faith in us, you were one of the few humans who did not turn their back to us, and for that, I, Optimus Prime, successor of Sentinel Prime, and leader of the Autobots, name you, Bluebeam, an official member of the Autobots"

I was too shocked to react. He slowly and gently lowered his sword and tapped my right shoulder, then my left one, and finally the top of my head. I could feel the warm metal even under the shirt. When my head was touched by it, I felt a mix of emotions shared by Optimus and the gang with a link I shared with them for the scarce few moments that the sword touched me. I felt a warm sensation in my right shoulder, a blue light came from under my skin, and when it faded, a blue Autobot symbol was tattooed into my skin. Tears of joy filled my eyes.

"Th-thank you Optimus-" I choked out as I wiped off my tears. "Really...thank you lots..."

"You're welcome, Bluebeam," he smiled, putting away his sword. He then turned to the rest of the Bots, "defend this family Autobots, as they have you," our leader said firmly, "defend...all they can be"

He gave one last look at us, before lowering himself and taking off into space.

We stared at the slowly fading figure of him fly off into space as the sun sank on the horizon, and before long...he was gone.

I sighed quietly as I kept staring at the sky as if hoping that he'd come back, but minutes passed and stars started to fill the sky, or at least a few did. I was cut off my trance as Cade put a hand on my shoulder with a small smile.

"Let's go"