Nightmares

[•][•][•]

-"Ash," he says one last time, "it's been great to have had you as a friend. Thank you for that"

-"I-It's been great to be y-your friend too," I manage to say

~•~

-"RATCHET! NO!" I yell, my voice echoing through the night.

[•][•][•]

I gasped as I abruptly woke up from my nightmare. I was sweating and shaking wildly as I looked around the dark environment. Cade, Tessa, and Shane were still sound asleep, cuddled up in the blankets near the now extinguished fire. Drift was keeping watch, and the others remained on their vehicle forms. I sighed silently and glanced at the blue and red truck a bit farther away from the other Bots. Quietly, I snuck away from the sleeping group, heading over to Optimus.

"Optimus?" I whispered, "are you awake?"

"Yes, Ashley, I am awake," he replied quietly, "shouldn't you be asleep?"

"I can't sleep," I said, sitting against his left side, away from the others

"May I ask why?" He continued

"Optimus, Ratchet almost died, and it's my fault," I replied, looking at Ratchet's vehicle form and hugging myself, "I-I should have been more careful, anyone could have seen me come and go into the hiding place. It's my fault, it's my fault that he almost died"

"Ashley, listen to me, it is not your fault," he whispered gently but at the same time firmly, "the only ones to blame are those humans, and like I said, whoever is in charge of everything will pay for their deaths, is that clear?"

"...Yes," I sighed, looking up at the sky, then back at the truck, "hey, Optimus? What happened in Mexico? Do you have any news of Sam?"

"...I would rather not talk about that," he replied grimly, "you should go to sleep, tomorrow will be a busy day"

"Alright," I said, finding his grim tone suspicious. I decided against investigating further and stood up, "good night Optimus"

"Good night," he answered

I walked back to my blanket where I was sleeping in. I looked up at the bright moon that floated in the dark sky full of small stars. It brought back good memories. With a last look at Optimus, I lied down and fell asleep once again, thankfully no more nightmares hunted me down that night.

...

-"Wake up you lazy bags of meat," barked Crosshairs

~Geez, did I miss this~

I yawned and woke up, rubbing my eyes as I sat up. The sun was barely rising on the horizon, flooding the canyon with orange and yellow colors. Side, Hound, Bee, Drift, Crosshairs, and Optimus were already in their Bot forms, looking down at us. Ratchet, still in stasis mode, remained in his vehicle form. I glanced to the other three, who apparently were not woken up by Crosshairs. Rolling my eyes, I stood up, stretching as I walked to the nearest Bot, which was Bee.

"Do I wake 'em up?" I asked him

He only raised his hands as if he had no part on what I did. Chuckling, I turned to the still sleeping figures of Cade, Tessa, and Shane.

"WAKE UP YOU LAZY ASSHOLES," I yelled, startling them

"With just a 'time to wake up' it would have been enough," Shane complained, yawning while standing up.