The loss of a dear friend, or not?!

At that moment, it was around 11:00 at night. The dark sky was filled with glittering stars and the moon shone down on us. I was sitting with Ratchet inside the abandoned ship, just hanging out as we discussed what the hell was going on in the world.

"Ratch?" I said as I draped a blanket over my shoulders, "why do you think they suddenly started hunting us down?"

"Humans are...weird creatures, no offense," he said, "their reasons are unclear, and it surprised me as much as you"

"I'm not offended," I replied, sighing as I rested my head in his metallic robot arm. It felt hard and cool to the touch, "I just wish everything went back to normal, the team together, and the alliance with the military..."

"Yeah, things were easier before," said my big friend. I noticed the sadness in his voice as he said that, despite his effort to hide it.

"You miss Hide, don't you?" I asked, but the answer was definitely obvious.

"Yes, I miss him," he admitted, looking down at me, "but let's not dwell in the past, don't you miss your family?"

"I do," I responded, looking into the horizon, "I hope they are ok"

"I hope so too," he replied.

Ratchet lived with us for quite a time, disguising himself as the medical truck. My parents got along with him, sometimes having conversations of who knows what. As for me and him, he took me to school most of the time, and we also took some rides together just for fun.

"I'll go get supplies to the store, need anything?" I asked as I stood up

"Nothing," he replied, "just for all this nonsense to end..."

This last bit he said it in a whisper, but I managed to hear him. I sighed, resting my hand on his arm, and looking straight into his face. He did the same, his blue optics looking into my eyes.

"Me too," I whispered, "now go hide, it's dangerous to be out"

With no other word, he climbed up to the hiding spot in one of the ship's chimneys. Sighing once again, I got down the ship, making my way to the cottage.

Once there, I grabbed my backpack from the small wooden box that was located near the sleeping bag that I brought with me

Once there, I grabbed my backpack from the small wooden box that was located near the sleeping bag that I brought with me. It's blue, with black straps with which I carry it. I went outside and quickly started making my way to the store not far from there, making sure I wasn't seen by anyone.

 I went outside and quickly started making my way to the store not far from there, making sure I wasn't seen by anyone