Warriors

I gasped for air and immediately coughed as ash filled my nose. I groaned as I woke up entirely, clutching my head as I sat up, blinking several times when I felt a high-pitched sound invade my ears. What had happened?

I looked around. The cafeteria had been destroyed almost entirely. There was a fire on the eastern side, and the exit was blocked by rubble. I searched for the emergency exit, and thankfully it wasn't blocked.

There was a gurgling sound behind me, and I smiled as Razor lightly nudged me and chirped in what appeared to be a worried tone. With his help I managed to stand up and glance around some more, inspecting our surroundings. It seemed that the only exit was the emergency one. I only hoped Razor would fit through it.

I looked down and saw an unconscious Jackson next to me. I frowned, was he part of this? No, he would've left earlier if he was, but then again...what if he wanted to trick us?

"This way! She's gotta be somewhere here!" A man called as lights illuminated the place from a gap in the rubble.

I frowned and grabbed Jackson's hand, quickly dragging him behind a table that had been toppled over because of the explosion. I slowly looked over and saw several armed soldiers making their way inside.

They did not seem friendly.

Jackson groaned as he began to wake up, and I quickly covered his mouth as the soldiers froze and began moving slower, like predators stalking their prey. I looked at Razor, who looked at me from his hiding place behind a giant piece of concrete.

"Get him out of here," I whispered, as I took out my blasters and ran into view, "HEY! OVER HERE YOU BLOODY IDIOTS!" I called before running to the exit.

"Get her!" A male voice barked as I heard the soldiers quickly chase after me.

I burst out of the cafeteria through the emergency exit, quickly running up the stairs as fast as my legs would let me. I looked back, seeing them catching up. I ran up a few more floors before turning and shooting the soldiers with my blasters, most getting hit and stumbling back, giving me a chance to continue running. I heard someone shout orders, and before long the sound of bullets being fired was heard. I stayed as close as I could to the wall so as to not get hit by the flying bullets.

I reached the end of the stairs and threw myself out of there. I grunted as I hit the concrete floor and quickly closed the door with my feet, standing up quickly and barricading the door with a few wood planks and a half-finished table that had been thrown up here. I gasped and panted as I caught my breath, staggering back as I heard the soldiers on the other side ramming against the door to get out.

I looked around me, there was no place to hide, or to run. I was trapped.

I peeked over the building edge, then gasped.

I whirled around as the door flew open and the soldiers quickly came out and surrounded me, blocking the door, and forcing me to back up to the edge of the building. I pointed my guns at all of them, a frown on my face.

"Drop your guns, NOW!" One of the soldiers ordered as the others cocked their guns.

I slowly put them down, tossing them over the edge. I raised my hands and glared at them as I stood centimeters from falling off the building.

"You have nowhere to hide, traitor, surrender and we'll let you leave with your life," the same robotic voice from the call came from one of the soldiers. "You have nowhere to go"

"And if I don't?" I asked.

"Face the bullets, or the concrete floor down below," he growled.

"I'd rather die than to surrender to insects like you," I spat.